PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Sigma AF Macro 24mm f/2.8 Super-Wide II

Asking Price
140.00 USD

Item Location
Alexandria, VA (United States)

Item Description
I bought this legendary and rare full-frame Sigma Super-wide II autofocus 24mm f/2.8 many years ago from another PF member. I have loved using it and it is hard for me to part with but unfortunately, since I bought the DA 21mm, I just don't use this lens nearly as much as it deserves. This lens enjoys strong reviews from forum members and has a great reputation. It also does not come up often for sale on the PF marketplace-- I think when members acquire one, they tend to keep it! I know I'll probably regret it when this is no longer in my camera bag.

The lens almost needs no introduction but just in case: this is the AUTOFOCUS version of the famous Sigma Super-wide II 24mm f/2.8. It has a nice close-focus "macro" capability, is very sharp (even wide-open at f/2.8) and produces nice colors. It is optically excellent with no fungus or scratches on the glass, though there may be some very tiny dust inside that does not affect performance and is typical for a lens of this vintage. It features very fast autofocus and a solid metal lens body construction, and is GREAT for use on APS-C bodies (providing an outstanding "walkaround" 36mm-equivalent field of view) and also is great as a budget wide angle prime lens for your K-1 full frame camera.

The lens comes with both caps (generic front, Sigma rear) and the original Sigma "perfect hood." I will also include a bonus item - a very clean B+W Multicoated 52mm XS-Pro UV-haze filter (a $30 value!), which has been installed on the lens from day 1.

Asking $140, via PayPal or Venmo. Price includes USPS shipping to CONUS and all paypal fees; other North America locations, please ask about shipping rates.

PS: For the record, I have compared my copies of the DA 21mm and this Sigma 24mm, and the Sigma is definitely sharper and lets in more light at f/2.8 so it offers better indoor performance than the DA 21. I also like that the Sigma 24 is not quite as wide as the 21mm. So why am I selling the Sigma and not the DA 21 limited? Because, at the end of the day, I most appreciate the tiny size of the DA 21mm. The Sigma is NOT a big prime lens by any means but it is fatter (52mm filter thread) than the DA 21 and longer (especially with the hood on). Plus the DA 21 has that Pentax limited "pixie" dust magic that makes the colors really pop, though this Sigma is no slouch-- it's just the difference between a modern-era, optimized-for-digital cameras lens, versus a film-era lens. If I ever get a K-1 or other full frame digital K-mount camera, I will almost certainly wish I had kept this Sigma and sold off the DA. But life is short, and financial circumstances are forcing me to choose one of these to keep and one to sell. Sigh.

Below are some images of the Sigma lens as well as some sample photos I've taken with it.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
North America

Shipping Charge
CONUS - included in asking price

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal or Venmo

Return Policy & Additional Details
No returns please, I take care of my equipment and it functions and appears as I have described above. I will be sure to package the lens very carefully for shipment.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by seventysixersfan; 06-24-2019 at 09:21 PM.
06-27-2019, 04:45 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 26 (100%)
Original Poster
stealth PM replied to.

Last edited by seventysixersfan; 06-27-2019 at 05:21 AM.
06-27-2019, 05:36 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 67 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by seventysixersfan Quote
PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Sigma AF Macro 24mm f/2.8 Super-Wide II

Asking Price
140.00 USD

Item Location
Alexandria, VA (United States)

Item Description
I bought this legendary and rare full-frame Sigma Super-wide II autofocus 24mm f/2.8 many years ago from another PF member. I have loved using it and it is hard for me to part with but unfortunately, since I bought the DA 21mm, I just don't use this lens nearly as much as it deserves. This lens enjoys strong reviews from forum members and has a great reputation. It also does not come up often for sale on the PF marketplace-- I think when members acquire one, they tend to keep it! I know I'll probably regret it when this is no longer in my camera bag.

The lens almost needs no introduction but just in case: this is the AUTOFOCUS version of the famous Sigma Super-wide II 24mm f/2.8. It has a nice close-focus "macro" capability, is very sharp (even wide-open at f/2.8) and produces nice colors. It is optically excellent with no fungus or scratches on the glass, though there may be some very tiny dust inside that does not affect performance and is typical for a lens of this vintage. It features very fast autofocus and a solid metal lens body construction, and is GREAT for use on APS-C bodies (providing an outstanding "walkaround" 36mm-equivalent field of view) and also is great as a budget wide angle prime lens for your K-1 full frame camera.

The lens comes with both caps (generic front, Sigma rear) and the original Sigma "perfect hood." I will also include a bonus item - a very clean B+W Multicoated 52mm XS-Pro UV-haze filter (a $30 value!), which has been installed on the lens from day 1.

Asking $140, via PayPal or Venmo. Price includes USPS shipping to CONUS and all paypal fees; other North America locations, please ask about shipping rates.

PS: For the record, I have compared my copies of the DA 21mm and this Sigma 24mm, and the Sigma is definitely sharper and lets in more light at f/2.8 so it offers better indoor performance than the DA 21. I also like that the Sigma 24 is not quite as wide as the 21mm. So why am I selling the Sigma and not the DA 21 limited? Because, at the end of the day, I most appreciate the tiny size of the DA 21mm. The Sigma is NOT a big prime lens by any means but it is fatter (52mm filter thread) than the DA 21 and longer (especially with the hood on). Plus the DA 21 has that Pentax limited "pixie" dust magic that makes the colors really pop, though this Sigma is no slouch-- it's just the difference between a modern-era, optimized-for-digital cameras lens, versus a film-era lens. If I ever get a K-1 or other full frame digital K-mount camera, I will almost certainly wish I had kept this Sigma and sold off the DA. But life is short, and financial circumstances are forcing me to choose one of these to keep and one to sell. Sigh.

Below are some images of the Sigma lens as well as some sample photos I've taken with it.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
North America

Shipping Charge
CONUS - included in asking price

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal or Venmo

Return Policy & Additional Details
No returns please, I take care of my equipment and it functions and appears as I have described above. I will be sure to package the lens very carefully for shipment.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!
Do you have examples of it producing starbursts around light sources (at night, mostly). I have never found a FF lens which comes close to the DA21 for this, having both can you comment on the comparison?

I could be interested if it did produce worthy (so to speak) starbursts.

Thanks.
06-27-2019, 08:53 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
Do you have examples of it producing starbursts around light sources (at night, mostly). I have never found a FF lens which comes close to the DA21 for this, having both can you comment on the comparison?

I could be interested if it did produce worthy (so to speak) starbursts.

Thanks.
I have never tried to do that before. I have another interested buyer who has made an offer but I'm waiting on his payment. If for some reason that sale falls through, I'll try to take these pictures and post them.

06-27-2019, 01:43 PM   #5

Feedback Score: 5 (100%)
PM Sent.
06-27-2019, 05:59 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aaronjamesgray Quote
PM Sent.
PM replied.