Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-31-2019, 12:03 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
M42 - P-K/M, Adaptall - P K/M

Hi,

I recently acquired a K1000. My other bodies, and all my lenses are m42, except for two adaptall lenses with an adaptall m42 mount.

I'm looking for an m42 --> K-mount adapter. I've been told to 'only buy a Pentax-branded adapter, because off-brands may get stuck in the K-mount' -- can anyone vouch for off-brand adaptors?

Adaptall adapters, I'm pretty sure there are no off-brand versions, I could be wrong.

I'm looking to pay up to ~C$25 per adapter in good working condition (not concerned about appearance), plus reasonable shipping for these very small, lightweight items.

Thanks!

08-01-2019, 11:05 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 8 (100%)
FYI:

Tamron Adaptall Lenses for Pentax: Adaptall Adapters - Pentax Lens Review Database
08-01-2019, 11:22 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks for the info. After further reading I have decided the Pentax M42-K adapter is currently too expensive (as is most film gear nowadays), and the clones too unreliable to mess with, the choices either being the adapter gets stuck in the body, or unscrews when the focus/aperture are adjusted. I'm also concerned about the aperture linkage; if it only works in stop-down mode, that is a deal-breaker.

I have sourced locally an adaptall K-mount, which I *hope* is not a clone, and will maintain aperture linkage. This will give me enough of a FL range to get good use out of the K1000.
08-02-2019, 06:36 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
plenty available on eBay, mechanically no reason for it to jam, I am using a Chinese one, infinity had to be worked around, try it no bugs can be installed in an adapter

08-03-2019, 05:33 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by uttam.hathi Quote
plenty available on eBay, mechanically no reason for it to jam, I am using a Chinese one, infinity had to be worked around, try it no bugs can be installed in an adapter
As I said, the lack of aperture linkage is a deal-breaker for me, so I'll start with the apaptall mount. I have plenty of m42 bodies.