PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
ZEISS Distagon T* 25mm f/2 (mint)

Asking Price
795.00 USD

Item Location
N. Cal (United States)

Item Description
This is a mint copy of a Leitaxed Nikon ZF.2 lens (it’s not made for Pentax). NOT to be confused with the Zeiss 25/2.8, this lens is a completely different design and is the best wide angle I’ve owned; better (and faster) even than the Zeiss 21/2.8 I used to have because it is virtually distortion free. For a fast Zeiss lens it is compact, especially if you carry it with its hood turned around, yet it’s built like a tank and meant to last a life time.

You will even be hard pressed to find more than a few microscopic dust particles inside. The lens had been kept stored zipped up and dry, and never dropped or used in inclement weather. If you look around you will see this is a bargain price, and that’s only because I’d like to avoid the hassles of Ebay. I’m selling because I almost never shoot wider than 35mm, and I still have my 28mm lens for the rare occasion.

One of its best features is the ability to focus at just under 10 inches, but a close second is how useable it is shooting at F2. Combine the two and you get not only fast, but a great wide angle bokeh lens. I snapped a landscape shot, and a demo bokeh show of an old cloths pin at f2 (below) to show its superb wide open performance.

• Chromatic aberrations on this lens have been virtually eliminated
• Two aspheric lens surfaces correct distortion and image field curvature
• Floating elements design creates high imaging performance, regardless of the distance of the subject
• Close focus plus circular design of the aperture produces exceptional bokeh

A few review excerpts:

Optical Limits: “The Zeiss lens produced very high resolution figures in the MTF lab. The center quality is nothing short of stunning with extremely high resolution combined with snappy contrast straight from f/2.”

DXO: “…offers well controlled distortion and chromatic aberration . . . a score of 22p tested on the D800 makes it the 2nd sharpest wide-angle we’ve tested.”

Ken Rockwell: “This Zeiss lens is for people who want the best image quality on their full-frame [cameras] . . . You tripod, HDR and pan-stitching guys are going to love this lens.”

Our very own Fenwoodian (who did the Leitax conversion for me): “Colors are nice. Sharpness is incredible. At f/2 and f/2.4 you will have a very thin depth of field and nice bokeh . . . have not noticed any of the purple fringing that so many of the other Zeiss lenses exhibit at wide apertures. . . . the internal components of this lens are more "Milvus like" than any of the other "Classic" Zeiss lenses are. This is the only "Classic" Zeiss lens that I have converted that has the thin metal gaskets inside of it that the Zeiss Milvus lenses have.

Filter Size 67mm
Aperture Blades 9 rounded
f/Stop Range 2-22 (1/2 steps)
Minimum Focus Distance 9.87"
Elements/Groups 11/10
Length 3.74"
Maximum Diameter 2.8"
Weight 605g

Comes with all original materials (box, paperwork, etc.), and original, fully-restorable Nikon ZF.2 mount. Shipping included in CONUS price, actual shipping minus $20 outside US. I ship fast, same day or next via USPS Priority Mail.

Thanks for looking.

At F2, 10 inches away:

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Mint

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Return not offered.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

08-21-2019, 12:56 PM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 111 (100%)
Bump for the BEST Zeiss wide angle lens. I know, I've owned them all...