Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-29-2019, 04:14 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 25 (100%)
Voigtlander “Close Focus” 180mm F4 Lens, PK-A Mount (near mint)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Voigtlander “Close Focus” 180mm F4 Lens, PK-A Mount (near mint)

Asking Price
1,200.00 USD

Item Location
N. California (United States)

Item Description
This Voigtlander 180/4 is a near mint Pentax mount copy with only a few microscopic dust particles inside. The lens has been kept stored zipped up and dry, and never dropped or used in inclement weather. I’m selling because I almost never shoot longer than 125mm.

I dare say this lens is a contender for the sharpest 180 in the universe, and certainly wins in the most compact category, yet it’s built like a tank and meant to last a life time. It is so sharp at f4 that you can use it like a 300mm lens because of how well crops hold up (I posted five pics below showing that). Something I didn’t expect is how nicely it renders bokeh but also, with its true apochromatic (APO) design, how well it minimizes color aberration, flare, and distortion. All in all one of the best five lenses I’ve ever owned.

A couple of review excerpts:

Optical Limits: “The Voigtlander APO-Lanthar 180mm f/4 SL is one of the forgotten marvels - a fate that it shares with the rest of the SL series. Optically it is a very good performer without any major weaknesses - it is very sharp, shows very little vignetting and distortions, and CAs and purple fringing are basically non-issues. The build quality is excellent. If I had to name a characteristic where it really shines beyond the mainstream it is the bokeh (out-of-focus blur) - this lens is one of those few cream machines (similar to its SL 125mm f/2.5 APO cousin).”

Ming Thein: “Review of a rare bird - I personally think the two lighter [Voigtlander] lenses – the 90 and 180 – are very worthy of consideration for landscape photographers simply because of their unique combination of weight and image quality. . . . The 180 should be snapped up in whatever version you can find that fits. It earns a permanent place in my bag, because there is simply no other option if you need a high quality lightweight telephoto. MT”

Pentax Forums “Average User Rating”: 10

Filter Size 49mm
Aperture Blades 9 rounded
f/Stop Range 4-22 (1/2 steps)
Minimum Focus Distance 1.2m
Elements/Groups 9/7
Length 3.1"
Maximum Diameter 2.6"
Weight 485g

Comes with all original materials (box, paperwork, and lens caps). USPS Insured Priority shipping is $20 for CONUS, actual shipping minus $20 outside US. I ship fast, same day or next via USPS Priority Mail.

Thanks for looking.

Extreme crop #1:

Extreme crop #2:

Extreme crop #3:

Extreme crop #4:

Extreme crop #5:

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Like New

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
$20 Conus

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Return Not Offered

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

08-29-2019, 07:40 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Pm sent