Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-14-2008, 10:10 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
Hmmm... I'm puzzled...

I have here a deal that no one on the net can offer you from a REPUTABLE dealer and all this arguing is silly.

I'm offering a brand new with warranty K20D body for $900 shipped at the exact price shipping is (which NO ONE else will do for you) PLUSSSS I'm throwing in a $50 warranty...

So for aprox. $915 USD you can have a brand new camera with 3 years of warranty service and also support our forums in the process.

B&H, Adorama, Amazon, not even Ebay has this deal on new cameras with the warranty.

If you want to complain about price PM me personally DO NOT muddy up this deal with nonsense.

10-14-2008, 11:17 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 8 (100%)
Dunno why people are aguing.

For all US residence ... this is a cheap deal.

If the market was better for me in Australia ... I'd snap it up ... but unfortunately the bottom fell out of the Aussie $$$ (as mentioned previously) ... so it doesn't work for me.

Mind you ... if the exchange rate was better ... you would sold a hell of a lot to us down here for the price you are selling them out.

Shame that a lot of people think "It's too good to be true" ... but if the deal is endorsed by the Admin/Mods ... I wouldn't be looking a gift horse in the mouth.
10-15-2008, 06:03 AM   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 16 (100%)
There is no doubt that all this discussion of the merits of his offer are absolutely way outside the rules of the marketplace forum as pointed out above, even including my post here admittedly. Chris, I suggest you let Adam deal with this as I have had to unfortunately do in the past to clean up this thread. It's a shame. You've made a generous offer and it is appreciated.
10-15-2008, 09:53 AM   #49
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 27 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by bobjames Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by m8o Quote
What is with the posts here? Are people reading? You do realize you replied to someone who said they could immediately make use of the warranty to save money, that it's a waste of money?!

The conclusion is inescapable that, if warranties are being sold, they are profitable for the seller, and not the buyer. The seller is betting your item won't need fixing and you're betting it will. The seller wins. Statistics and his bank account provide evidence.

The person who wrote that he regretted not getting the warranty is now in danger of believing he should buy an extended warranty every time he buys something. He will surely lose money if he does. He played the game well and lost, now he will adopt a bad strategy and lose big.
That's true, but also true of every type of insurance. Do you have health insurance? Do you have life insurance? Car insurance? If you do, and you were a perfectly average person, you'd be better off not to, from a purely financial perspective. The point is, however, what value the insured items are to you. If - as is the case for most people - a single major car accident or a severe illness could put you in serious financial distress or even bankrupt you, then the (relatively) small price of insurance is well worth it.

If you think that - should your $900 camera break - you could easily buy a new one without second thoughts (or do without a camera altogether), then by all means don't buy an extended warranty. If you don't think you could, then probably $50 for added piece of mind is not a bad investment.

Last edited by slomojoe; 10-16-2008 at 08:36 AM.
10-15-2008, 10:07 AM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 61 (100%)
Thanks Chris

Chris, I'd like to thank you for coming up with a great deal. Some folks just get too wrapped up in BS.

Now I wish I hadn't bought my K200D a couple of months ago!!
10-15-2008, 10:33 AM   #51
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 35 (100%)
Hey chris any idea how long you will be able to keep this offer going? I dont think i will have that kind of money till the new year more than likely but was wondering .
10-15-2008, 05:31 PM   #52
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
[QUOTE=slomojoe;368093]
QuoteOriginally posted by bobjames Quote
That's true, but also true of every type of insurance. Do you have health insurance? Do you have life insurance? Car insurance? If you do, and you were a perfectly average person, you'd be better off not to, from a purely financial perspective. The point is, however, what value the insured items are to you. If - as is the case for most people - a single major car accident or a severe illness could put you in serious financial distress or even bankrupt you, then the (relatively) small price of insurance is well worth it.

If you think that - should your $900 camera break - you could easily buy a new one without second thoughts (or do without a camera altogether), then by all means don't buy an extended warranty. If you don't think you could, then probably $50 for added piece of mind is not a bad investment.
According to what Chris says in post #46, he is throwing in the $50 warranty.

10-15-2008, 05:46 PM   #53
m8o
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by slomojoe Quote
That's true, but also true of every type of insurance....etc...
All of it Absolutely true. I was thinking the very same thing. But I had typed enough. (OT, I know. But slomojoe let me also add, please use multiquote & snip-out the extra text next time... your technique in combining the quotes make it appear as if I said the 2nd two paragraphs, and only if someone were to read the whole thread would they see it was the person I was exchanging views&opinions with who posted that.)
10-15-2008, 07:44 PM   #54

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Att: Chris .....

Hi Chris,

I'm just curious as to how many K20D's have been sold whilst the
Bickerson's family reunion has been going on here

Cheers and hope it goes well

Jack
10-15-2008, 09:04 PM   #55
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 8 (100%)
Any chance the $900 is going down? Amazon has it for $864 now.
10-16-2008, 08:38 AM   #56
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 27 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by m8o Quote
But slomojoe let me also add, please use multiquote & snip-out the extra text next time... your technique in combining the quotes make it appear as if I said the 2nd two paragraphs, and only if someone were to read the whole thread would they see it was the person I was exchanging views&opinions with who posted that.)
Sorry, there was an error in formatting in bobjames's original post that has screwed up my reply (and cardinal43's reply to me). It's fixed now.
10-17-2008, 02:38 PM   #57
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by krypticide Quote
Any chance the $900 is going down? Amazon has it for $864 now.
No because Amazon doesn't include the $50 warranty nor do some of the proceeds go towards Pentax Forums.
10-17-2008, 06:18 PM   #58
Veteran Member

Chris
I really appreciate this offer...and I am quite surprised that some folks are debating it...Had I not purchased a K10D 2 months ago you would've had my hard earned USD 900.00 long time back :-)
Good luck!
10-18-2008, 01:33 AM   #59
m8o
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
No because Amazon doesn't include the $50 warranty nor do some of the proceeds go towards Pentax Forums.
I bit my tongue hoping you'd post that yourself Chris.. ...and plus, I see one of the lowest prices there is Cameta... I don't know how they get their 'glowing' rating as an Amazon & eBay retailer. I was screwed over by their lackadaisical ordering cycle to lose out on a hard to acquire Sigma lens and almost didn't have a long fast lens for my trip last year, then went through telephone hell for two weeks before finally going there for a $500 refund of my deposit and severed all ties w/them. I can honestly say "they give the worst phone" out of any retailer I ever encountered in my 45years on this earth.