PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Super Multi-Coated Takumar 300mm f4.0 with caps and case

Asking Price
79.00 USD

Item Location
Near Charlotte, NC (United States)

Item Description
Cosmetically, this lens is a beauty. I'd say a 9+ on appearance. Finish is good, mounting threads are clean, includes proper Takumar front and rear caps.

The glass is very clean. There is some dust, but this is to be expected in a lens this age; nothing that would ever impact image quality. No fungus, no surface damage to the front element. There is what was described to me as a small "cleaning mark" inside one of the forward elements. I don't have this lens' full life history, but it is conceivable that it had been disassembled and cleaned at some point. The coatings are otherwise in excellent shape, and the photo showing the mark over-emphasizes what it looks like in person, but I'd rather do that than have the buyer get a rude surprise.

Focusing is smooth throughout the range. The aperture clicks positively to all stops. The diaphragm is oil free. However, while the operation was described to me as normal, it turns out to be a little slow. Not sticky, just slow. It might affect exposure accuracy in auto mode for a film camera, but used as an adapted lens on a digital camera, you're in stop-down mode anyway, so it should not be an issue. I just wanted to be sure to disclose everything I know.

The case is, well...rough. The images tell an accurate story. The strap is present but stiff. The latch works fine. The foam under the felt on each end always fails in these cases, producing a lot of grey dust. The old foam has been removed and the case vacuumed clean. The foam was then replaced and the felt re-positioned. Returns the case to being useable.

Please look closely at the pictures of the lens, and feel free to ask any questions. I haven't bought or sold much on here, so I don't have a big profile, but I'm "dilligafdon" on eBay if that helps. I'd feel better about selling it here if I can find it a home.
--
Don

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only

Shipping Charge

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Sale is final unless it is found that I misrepresented the item.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

Last edited by MXLX; 11-27-2019 at 08:43 PM.
11-10-2019, 03:36 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 39 (100%)
Original Poster
By way of further information (and hopefully temptation), here are a couple of grabs from today. Shot using a monopod, converted from RAW and resized to post without other modificaton:
Attached Images

11-18-2019, 08:41 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Bumpola. Someone needs to give this beauty a home. The case is an ugly duckling, but the lens is a gem.
11-27-2019, 08:44 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Bump for a price drop. Hit me up if you have a trade idea.

12-11-2019, 02:48 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
I'm interested in this lens. Do you have an M42 to K adapter?
12-11-2019, 08:53 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I do, but I'm holding on to it, sorry. If you poke around here, there's advice as to which ones work best.
12-14-2019, 06:36 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 66 (100%)
PM sent with offer.

12-14-2019, 06:55 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 33 (100%)
I can't believe its been here this long...at that price. Ive been tempted myself (and I'm well covered at this focal range).

Good luck with the sale!
12-14-2019, 09:43 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
This is tempting, but I don't have an address in CONUS. And I need another camera body more than I need another lens. GLWS!
12-14-2019, 10:26 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
SOLD!

Thanks for the kind words.