PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Tamron SP 90mm f/2.5 Macro lens / Adaptall-2 K mount / Manual focus

Asking Price
45.00 USD

Item Location
Oregon (United States)

Item Description
The Tamron SP 90mm f/2.5 is deservedly one of those classic Pentax K-mount lenses.
This one has Tamron's Adaptall-2 mount, for K-mount Pentax cameras.
It is a manual-focus only (that's right - no AF!) legacy lens which doubles as both a Macro lens and a portrait lens. And - it's got to be one of the coolest - and sharpest - and best (in terms of IQ) Pentax lenses available. I realize the foregoing is a slightly opinionated statement but it's how I see it.

Here are some of the (generally glowing) reviews this particular lens has garnered here on Pentax Forums

Tamron Adaptall-2 SP 90mm f/2.5 (52B/52BB) Lens Reviews - Tamron Adaptall Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

I'm selling it, simply, because I haven't used it much (hardly at all) - and it's too nice a lens to sit unused.

I'm pricing it lower than I bought it for, on the theory that Pentaxians who love classic glass also occasionally don't want to spend and arm and a leg for a fine lens.
Call it Pentax karma if you will.

I'd prefer to sell to American buyers, due to the prohibitive costs of international shipping, but will consider sales to other places on a case by case basis.

I'm attaching a handful of photos but the photos don't really do the lens justice.

If you know about this lens, you know what it can do and how good it is. If you don't - or if you're not fond of the discipline of using an older manual-focus only lens, well, obviously, it's probably not for you. But, as a close friend of mine and former fellow Pentaxian - who used to own the exact same lens years ago - commented to me, this is one of the better pieces of glass made for K mounts.

General note: certain (some) modern Pentax cameras can be challenged when it comes to making legacy glass work correctly with them. Each one is different. So....it helps to know their strengths and their weaknesses.

It comes with a good Haze filter and, as a bonus, the correct (55mm) sized circular Polarizing filter for the lens (a Rokinar).

That's it - except I hope someone who has wanted a pristine 90mm Tamron Macro with a relatively fast aperture (most of the Tamron 90mm Macros were and are f/2.8 or slower, the SP f/2.5 was the fastest of the bunch, I believe) - well, voila!

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
No returns accepted so please be sure this lens is one you want and can use and will work with your Pentax K-mount SLR or DSLR. Please be aware it is a Manual focus only 'legacy' lens.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone XR  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone XR  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone XR  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone XR  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone XR  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone XR  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone XR  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone XR  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone XR  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone XR  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone XR  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone XR  Photo 

Last edited by MiguelATF; 12-13-2019 at 07:05 PM.
12-13-2019, 07:11 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 44 (100%)
Yhpm!
12-13-2019, 08:20 PM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 111 (100%)
If I didn't already own 5 of them...

This is the newer version of this lens, the one with the 55mm front threads.

This Tamron to K mount adapter that he's selling with this lens is the best one of 2 or 3 versions. On my K-1 I am able to control the aperture with that little wheel on the back of the camera - no need to use the aperture ring (unless you want to).