Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-02-2020, 11:28 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 68 (100%)
Sigma EX 30 1.4 and Tokina 400 AF 5.6 Close focus

For Sale is my Sigma 30mm EX 30 1.4. This is not the Art with HSM. It is the EX smooth black finish with screw drive. This lens is really its own, as it creates dreamy centers of pictures. Now this is a lens that has a reputation, either you love it or hate it. And there is good reason for both sides. Typically the hate comes from not having sharp corners (no copy of this does, it was made to create a sharp center with soft corners on APS-C) or from autofocus accuracy.

The interior glass is clean apart from a few dust specs. The exterior glass is clean. The body is clean also, the pictures just show small dust. This is the smooth paint copy not the crinkle finish that Sigma used earlier on this lens and other lenses. It is an accurate focusing, sharp in the middle and creates those wonderful pictures that people speak of. It comes with it's original front cap, it's original hood, and a pentax rear cap. This is a really great copy of this lens. I am selling because I am moving to full frame and I have the legendary SMC 30 2.8.

$210 shipped in the US. $220 in Canada. . Now $160 in US and $170 for Canada.

Tokina 400 AF 5.6 Close focus

I bought this lens for "birding" this year. I live in Nebraska and the cranes are a treat here in the Spring. Fortunately, I was able to get a picture of one of the few CONFIRMED whooping cranes with this lens after a morning of taking my girls out to see the cranes. It's pretty uncommon and there isn't a ton of information out there for it.

The condition of the lens is great. The glass has some internal dust, nothing abnormal for a lens this age, or this large. The glass exterior is clean. The body is overall in really high condition considering the age of the lens. It has its tripod mount and built in hood.
Performance: it produced solid pictures. It isn't the sharpest lens you will ever own, but for a close focus 400mm 5.6 it will be the smallest and most portable. I think overall it looks like a classic AT-X in its rendering and colors. It produces solid pictures and for its price point and size it is surely a winner. I am selling due to only using it once in a year and trying to fund my full frame upgrade. Comes with original front cap, pentax rear cap, and tripod mount. This is an excellent price for an extremely light and capable lens.

$250 shipped in the US. $260 in Canada

I accept Paypal and prices are in USD.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Last edited by zbrueningsen; 01-05-2020 at 03:26 PM.
01-05-2020, 03:25 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 68 (100%)
Original Poster
Price drop to $160 USD for the Sigma. $50 off so I can get this sold!
01-06-2020, 09:45 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
sent pm

---------- Post added 01-06-20 at 04:04 PM ----------

Payment sent for Sigma 30mm Lens.