PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Red Pentax Q10 Body Only Working, But Has Battery Issue

Asking Price
60.00 USD

Item Location
San Antonio (United States)

Item Description
Selling because I have an original black Q on the way (the one I really wanted but waited for) and because the battery issue is annoying.

Comes with camera body, battery and charger.

This Q10 works, and I take pictures with it just fine. In fact, I have some videos on my YouTube channel with this very camera. Lots of fun, especially to adapt random lenses to. Cosmetically it is in good condition, with some dust and signs of use, but no major dents or anything.

The issue with this camera (and why I priced it as I did) is a battery issue. From what I have read it isn't the battery that you charge, but an internal battery. You can look it up and find some threads about it. Basically the camera will turn on only if the internal battery has had time to charge off the external battery, and then the external battery has been charged up again. The sequence I have found that works is charge the battery, pop it in the camera, wait a while, take the battery out and charge it until it's full again, and pop it back in. Then the camera turns on. But it is inconsistent whether or not it will turn on again without repeating that process. I'm not sure if it matters the amount of time that the camera has been left on before being powered off again or something else.

Anyway! Feel free to ask me more questions if that wasn't enough, but that is why I am pricing it cheap. It's fun to play with, but unreliable for taking out for day use as your only camera unless you figure out a better technique than I did.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Damaged

Shipping Destinations
Other (See Listing)

Shipping Charge

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Price includes shipping + PayPal fees. I am always open for returns if item isn't as described, let me know!

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Pixel 2  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Pixel 2  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Pixel 2  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Pixel 2  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Pixel 2  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Pixel 2  Photo 

Last edited by Snapppy; 01-11-2020 at 08:28 AM.
01-11-2020, 05:28 PM   #2
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 5 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by Snapppy Quote
The issue with this camera (and why I priced it as I did) is a battery issue. From what I have read it isn't the battery that you charge, but an internal battery. You can look it up and find some threads about it. Basically the camera will turn on only if the internal battery has had time to charge off the external battery, and then the external battery has been charged up again. The sequence I have found that works is charge the battery, pop it in the camera, wait a while, take the battery out and charge it until it's full again, and pop it back in. Then the camera turns on. But it is inconsistent whether or not it will turn on again without repeating that process. I'm not sure if it matters the amount of time that the camera has been left on before being powered off again or something else.
If you had two batteries then you should be able to put battery #1 for awhile, then switch batteries and start using the camera right away?
01-11-2020, 09:07 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 12 (100%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
If you had two batteries then you should be able to put battery #1 for awhile, then switch batteries and start using the camera right away?
I would assume so, if the second battery was at 100%. In a few days my second Q is coming in the mail, and I can check that theory. It's not very scientific, it's just the only guaranteed routine I've found so far that works. I only suspect some weird internal battery problem because that is what other threads on the topic have suggested, and it does reset the date every time this happens. Just now I have let the camera sit untouched for days and went back and it has turned on fine twice now no problems, so I really don't know. It's just annoying to not really know how to count on it, you know?

Anyway, hope that answers your question
01-11-2020, 10:08 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 24 (100%)
I have had 1 Q and 2 Q7s. They all have this battery issue. I kept one because they are very small and fit nicely in my jacket pocket. Not intrusive at all and takes decent photos. When I turn the camera on it has lost its date and time. Setting it up again and again is frustrating and in some cases have lost a great opportunity to shot something interesting. I may land up ditching them all!

01-12-2020, 11:56 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
PM'ed you,,
01-12-2020, 12:26 PM   #6

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Just to be clear if you don't care about time and date, can you just throw a battery in and go?
01-12-2020, 01:43 PM   #7
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 5 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by mxis#1 Quote
I have had 1 Q and 2 Q7s. They all have this battery issue. I kept one because they are very small and fit nicely in my jacket pocket. Not intrusive at all and takes decent photos. When I turn the camera on it has lost its date and time. Setting it up again and again is frustrating and in some cases have lost a great opportunity to shot something interesting. I may land up ditching them all!
Mine has the same calendar issue. I fix it if I have time, but otherwise I just press OK and take the photo - that is more interesting than getting the EXIF right.
01-12-2020, 05:49 PM   #8

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
PM sent