Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-10-2020, 08:41 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 44 (98%)
Old Pentax DSLR Body for Timelapse Photos

Quick background, I was using my K-7 body with the Tamron 17-50mm F2.8 over the winter for a timelapse project overlooking a new light rail project near my condo.
A wind storm 2 weeks ago knocked down the tripod and broke the tripod and the camera (backlight on LCD screen cracked), i dug out a K10D body to give it a try but it is really struggling at the ISO800 levels.

The ask: if you have an old body Pentax DSLR body (K5/7/3, KP) that you would be willing to donate/sell for cheap (We have 2 kids, wife will kill me if I spend more on camera...I bought a new tripod already).
Must have: DC power port, remote shutter jack
Nice to have: weather sealing

Even defects are ok as long as the main functions are there, camera is setup + untouched for long periods. Assume the body will be used till destruction as it is exposed to the elements. The K7 rear dials started acting up possibly due to dust, i had to tape up all the ports/buttons.

If you have something let's chat and see!

Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
04-15-2020, 07:02 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 44 (98%)
Original Poster
Body procured! Thanks everybody.