10-30-2008, 10:34 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 30 (100%)
[SOLD] Cosina 55mm f/1.2 (Worldwide)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Cosina 55mm f/1.2 (Worldwide)

Asking Price
$275 ($213.75 if using Live.com Cashback)

Item Description
This is a fast little gem of a lens with a maximum aperture of f/1.2 It features a K mount (not KA) and manual focusing. There is some minor dust inside, but nothing that will affect picture quality. Glass and outside are perfect and pristine. It is a fully metal lens featuring multicoated optics and the sturdy build of yesteryear Japanese lenses. It was built by Tomioka, who also manufactured this very same lens for Ricoh, VIvitar, Chinar and others. Focus and aperture ring work flawlessly and the diaphragm is dry and snappy. It comes with both original caps.

The reason for not listing it as "new" is that this is a return from a previous buyer who was not satisfied with the symmetry of the diaphragm blades. Most older lenses develop a slightly asymmetric aperture with time, and my personal copy of this lens is even more asymmetric, but it doesn't bother me. If this is going to be a problem for you, don't buy it! I believe the original buyer mounted it on his camera once, as there are some very light marks on the mount. Other than that, it is mint. Not eBay mint, but real mint.

These are the lens specs:

Focal length: 55mm
Filter size: 58mm
Diaphragm blades: 9
Aperture range: f/1.2 to f/16
Optical formula: 7 elements in 6 groups
Closest focus: 60cm

I will post photos of the lens later in the day. If you want to see a selection of photos taken with this lens, check out this thread.

It seems Live.com's cashback is up and running again at 25%. If somebody in the US wants to take advantage of this, I'll be glad to sort it out for you, but I would list the lens at $285 BIN to help cover eBay listing fees (which would be $14, so I'm actually losing money by helping you save it ). Your take home price would then be $213.75, which includes insured USPS Priority shipping.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition
Used
Mint

Item Location
Boston, MA

Shipping Charge
Con. US: FREE
Canada: $5
Europe & South America: $10
Asia & Australia: $15

Shipping Services
USPS

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order

Additional Details
If paying by Money Order, please only use Postal Money Orders. If you reside outside of the US and Canada, please pay by PayPal.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by Miserere; 10-31-2008 at 06:00 AM.
10-30-2008, 04:19 PM   #2
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Feedback Score: 117 (100%)
Mine has that as well and I had a look at all my lenses. They all have this to some degree. Doesn't effect the IQ at all from what I see. A good deal for a lens like this.
10-31-2008, 05:58 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster

10-31-2008, 07:06 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 15 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by Miserere Quote
It seems Live.com's cashback is up and running again at 25%. If somebody in the US wants to take advantage of this, I'll be glad to sort it out for you, but I would list the lens at $285 BIN to help cover eBay listing fees (which would be $14, so I'm actually losing money by helping you save it ). Your take home price would then be $213.75, which includes insured USPS Priority shipping.
I guess even non US residents can try to use a proxy server to get an ip from US for live.com ... try first on something cheap though.

10-31-2008, 04:04 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by deejjjaaaa Quote
I guess even non US residents can try to use a proxy server to get an ip from US for live.com ... try first on something cheap though.
I'm pretty sure you need a US address for your PayPal/eBay account more than a US IP.
11-01-2008, 08:28 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Lens is sold.