PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Auto Rikenon 55mm f1.4 w/caps & case

Asking Price
119.00 USD

Item Location
Near Charlotte, NC (United States)

Item Description
I have this scheduled to start on eBay this evening, but wanted to offer it here/as well before the auction went live

This is a very nice example of the legendary Tomioka design/manufactured 55mm f1.4. Like a lot of the legendary 55s, this one has some mystique surrounding it due to its sharpness and bokeh. Handling is wonderful, like a lot of these all-metal vintage lenses. Selling because...I ended up with two. You'll see this same lens as Auto-Sears, Auto-Rikenon, Revuenon, and others. You can read the reviews in the database here on the forum.

Beautiful cosmetic condition with minimal signs of wear. The glass is clean and bright, free from fungus, scratches, or coating separation. There is trace internal dust, as would be expected for a lens of this age. Focusing is smooth. The aperture clicks positively.

The diaphragm is free from oil, and is "snappy" in operation, except: It is snappy if the lens is held horizontally or facing down. For reasons I can't explain, it is less snappy (but still closes and opens fully) if tilted from about 45 degrees up-tilt or if held facing straight up. Adapted to digital, this isn't an issue, but I wanted to be sure to mention it.

Two other small issues: These lenses have a plastic Auto-Manual switch that is prone to cracking. That has happened to this one, and it has been repaired (see photos). The original metal front lens cap has a ding at about 7:30 as you look at it. It still slips on and off as it should. The filter ring is fine.

Includes: OE front cap, aftermarket M42 rear cap, nice generic case. Please ask any questions you might have; I think you'll love shooting with this baby.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Preferably selling, but...what'cha got?

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only

Shipping Charge

Shipping Services
USPS, Parcel or Priority

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
In general, sales are final, but if there's an issue, please reach out.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
E-M5MarkII  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
E-M5MarkII  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
E-M5MarkII  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
E-M5MarkII  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
E-M5MarkII  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
E-M5MarkII  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
E-M5MarkII  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
E-M5MarkII  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
E-M5MarkII  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
E-M5MarkII  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
E-M5MarkII  Photo 
05-29-2020, 07:51 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 39 (100%)
Of course this one shows up for sale when I am not in a situation where I can buy it! I have the DA*55 1.4 but I like the Rikenons around this FL. Good luck with the sale.