PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Ricoh GR Digital III aka GRDiii + Wide Conversion lens + Extras

Asking Price
249.99 USD

Item Location
Talent, Oregon (United States)

Item Description
Am selling my lightly used Ricoh GRD iii - aka Ricoh GR Digital iii - aka Ricoh GRD3 - plus a handful of seriously cool accessories. This is the 10mp ultra-small and ultra-pocketable Ricoh, with a fast f/1.9 lens which is the focal length equivalent of a classic 28mm lens. It's a camera which has been beloved and used by generations of street photographers, and not merely because of its built-in 'snap focus' mode. It also has a built-in flash and a rather cool close-up or Macro focusing mode.

I'm also including what I believe are the best accessories for GRD series - namely the wide-conversion lens - aka GW-2 - which transforms a 28mm fov into an ultra-wide 21mm fov. The GW-2 requires an adapter - the GH-2 - which I'm also including. And I'm including the nifty Ricoh factory lens hood, which fits onto the GH-2. (A minor note - to put the GH-2 on, one must remove the tiny 'lens ring' that fits around the front of the lens; and they are easy to misplace or lose. Who knows why Ricoh designed it this way? Not me.)

The camera also has another vital accessory - a protector for the rear LCD screen, made by ACMAXX and which I installed when I first bought the camera.

I don't have either the original box or the original manual though the manual is available in PDF form nearly everywhere. I'm not including a case either. The GRDiii is so tiny it fits easily in almost any pocket; there are excellent cases and pouches available, depending on if you just want to carry the camera alone, or the camera with the added GH2 + GW2, which makes it a little chunkier.

As it's a small-sensor wonder - "only" 10mp - it doesn't equal either the newer APS-C GR's or many modern Pentaxes in terms of resolving power - but it makes up for that in terms of fun and pocketability. I've used it for street photography, for portraits, for macro shots and for landscapes - it's amazingly versatile.

I'm the 2nd owner and the camera is in excellent shape. I'm selling it because I have a few too many cameras and it isn't getting used much - and a camera this nice deserves to be used more.

Reasonable shipping costs to be shared by Buyer and Seller. Pricewise, I'm pricing it at slightly under what the whole thing cost me - in the hopes of making it affordable.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
North America

Shipping Charge
To be shared by Buyer & Seller

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Reasonable returns considered

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

---------- Post added 06-30-2020 at 11:30 AM ----------

Forgot one thing in my original listing: Ricoh normally doesn't include standalone battery chargers with the GR's or GRD's, but I am including a standalone 3rd party plug-in battery charger for the camera.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone XR  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone XR  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone XR  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone XR  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone XR  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone XR  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone XR  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone XR  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone XR  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone XR  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone XR  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone XR  Photo 
07-04-2020, 04:13 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 13 (100%)
Original Poster
Bump.
07-05-2020, 07:31 PM   #3

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
What size sensor ? I use this kind of thingI have an LX1 with wide conversion =18mm eqv….and used the Nikon8400 with Nikon wide converter for like 8 years !
I'd love to get this for $150 - is that unreasonable at this time ? I will go research … thanks ,Larry ( I use K-x and about 8 other cameras.)
07-06-2020, 11:49 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 13 (100%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Larry E30 Quote
What size sensor ? I use this kind of thingI have an LX1 with wide conversion =18mm eqv….and used the Nikon8400 with Nikon wide converter for like 8 years !
I'd love to get this for $150 - is that unreasonable at this time ? I will go research … thanks ,Larry ( I use K-x and about 8 other cameras.)
The original series of Ricoh GR Digital cameras - aka Ricoh GRD's - which include the GRDi - the GRDii - the one I am selling, the GRD iii - and the GRD iv --- all had 'smaller' CCD (not CMOS) sensors.
This one, the GRDiii, had a 10mp sensor - which I believe may have been the same Sony sensor used in the Lumix LX5 - and also the Leica D-Lux 5 (made for Leica by Panasonic) - as well as in a few other small-sensor compact cameras.
It's a great camera. The GRDiii and GRDiv are probably the best of the series, far and away.
Pricewise, the camera alone usually tends to sell for between $150 and $175 - the GRDiv sells for a little more.
But the add-ons - specifically the GW-2 and GH-2 - the wide conversion lens plus the required extender which also serves as the base for the included lens hood (also an extra) - usually they sell for around $125 or $150 or more - and they are much harder to find.
So my price for the package is actually on the very low side, in terms of what these cameras + accessories sell for in the real world now.

The bad news is - I just sold it - so mine is no longer for sale.
If you can find one in good condition for the right price, they are great camera