PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Tamron 400mm f/4 65B w/ 1.4X 140F, Hood, caps, Adaptall-2 KA, 2 cases

Asking Price
900.00 USD

Item Location
Pennsylvania (United States)

Item Description
Tamron Adapatll-2 400mm f/4 model 65B, Tamron Adaptall-2 1.4X flat field teleconverter model 140F, Tamron cases, Original lens hood, metal 112mm front cap and Domke canvas supertelephoto lens bag
information and specifications of lens, click here Tamron SP Adaptall-2 400mm F/4 LD-IF Model 65B

I am forced to part with this beloved lens set due to my wife needing a new $2000 lift chair, otherwise it would NEVER leave my collection!

Optics are CLEAN! No haze, no scratches, no fungus and just a few flecks of dust. Focus is smooth and well damped. No oil or debris on diaphragm/iris. Matched 1.4X converter is in like condition. Adaptall-2 Pentax KA Mount which functions well included. I also have a Nikon AI Mount if wanted.

Lens body has some high edge paint wear and a few chips but is remarkably clean for a lens of this size and age. Original bayonet, reversible for storage hood fits tightly and is in good condition. Aftermarket screw in metal 112mm lens cap for front. Original, thin green canvas Tamron lens bag, leatherette hard case for the 140F and a worn but still very functional Domke super telephoto lens bag included.

Price INCLUDES Insured shipping in Continental USA $40-$60
Shipping will be vial USPS Priority INSURED Mail with adult signature required. Package weighs 12 pounds and is 18L x 9H x 12W.

Payment via PayPal with shipping to PayPal verified address unless you contact me for other shipping arrangements

$900 FIRM total, shipping & PayPal fees included

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only- Canada for an additional $75 to $90 via Priority International Mail depending upon postal code

Shipping Charge
INCLUDED

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Insured

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Returns only if lens does not match my descriptions and photos. Any other return will be at BUYERS expense via INSURED USPS or UPS shipping.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPad Air  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPad Air  Photo 

Last edited by steamloco76; 08-29-2020 at 10:51 AM.
07-25-2020, 10:03 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 44 (100%)
I'm sorry to read about the circumstances necessitating the sale, @steamloco76

I'm a big fan of this lens. Not only is it fast and sharp - I have no qualms shooting wide open - but aberrations are decently controlled and the lens handles nicely for its size and weight, better than a 300/2.8 IMO.
07-25-2020, 01:06 PM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 67 (100%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
I'm sorry to read about the circumstances necessitating the sale, @steamloco76

I'm a big fan of this lens. Not only is it fast and sharp - I have no qualms shooting wide open - but aberrations are decently controlled and the lens handles nicely for its size and weight, better than a 300/2.8 IMO.
I bought it to use for birding and wildlife, which is a perfect match for the lens. This one is really excellent in low, flat light wide open. I’ve surprised myself with some of the images. Alas, I find myself having to stay close to home due to my wife’s mobility issues and mine too. The Tamron just doesn’t get used like it should. I added the 140F converter and it does not degrade the image. Makes a really fine 560mm f/5.6.
07-25-2020, 02:02 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by steamloco76 Quote
I bought it to use for birding and wildlife, which is a perfect match for the lens. This one is really excellent in low, flat light wide open. I’ve surprised myself with some of the images. Alas, I find myself having to stay close to home due to my wife’s mobility issues and mine too. The Tamron just doesn’t get used like it should. I added the 140F converter and it does not degrade the image. Makes a really fine 560mm f/5.6.
I'm also sorry to read about the circumstances. I too own this hard to find lens. I use it with both my Pentax K-3 and Nikon D300s. Yours looks like it is in nice condition. I use my Pentax AF 1.7x teleconverter and it works great. Good luck on your sale.
Steve

07-27-2020, 04:11 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Less than 3,000 copies of this lens were made. Full frame. Works equally well on digital or film bodies. The included 140F teleconverter is fairly uncommon too and works with all Adaptall-2 normal-telephoto lenses.
07-31-2020, 04:36 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Bump for an excellent birding and wildlife lens and teleconverter. Also listed on eBay at a higher price.
08-02-2020, 06:42 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I will ship to CANADA for the extra amount OVER the $50 postage I've included in the price of my lens. The package weighs 12lbs and is 18in L x 9in H x 12in W. The ADDITIONAL postage with $850 insurance will be between $76 and $90 depending on mainland Canada postal code. Buyer pays additional postage. The ONLY service available (due to COVID 19) is US Priority Mail International Express 3 to 5 business day.
Thanks for looking!