PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Bargain SMC Pentax-A 645 120mm F4.0 Macro

Asking Price
75.00 USD

Item Location
Coquitlam (Canada)

Item Description
The sale of this lens is the result of an eBay experience that you hope does not happen to you.
The lens was miss-represented to me as an “Excellent ++” and the pictures did not clearly point out all the “attributes”, and I paid the going price for a lens that I thought was in excellent condition. After paying non-returnable import brokerage and taxes and the cost of freight to ship it back to Japan, a return policy is somewhat of a “hollow” offer.

The lens has been and would have been usable, but unfortunately, I needed a lens that was more “photogenic” for an article I am working on, so I had to buy a second one and am offering this one at a loss. The lens functions just fine, I would call its’ cosmetic condition “good”, there are no issues optically, and I would rate functionality as “very good” to “Excellent”.

This lens is one of the “hidden jewels” of the 645 Medium Format system, and although I have the FA645 120mm F4.0 Macro, which is superb, this is my “go-to” lens for anything over 1:1 magnification or on my Auto Bellows, as auto focus is not an issue. This lens currently sells on eBay for at least one third of the price of the “FA” version. It is in my opinion the only lens you would need for the Auto Bellows 645.

The lens came out late in the 645 film (manual focus) era and the close-up specs are not listed in the manual for the Auto Extension Tube 645 set, nor the Helicoid Extension Tube 645 nor in the 645 Interchangeable Lenses brochure.

As I had to find some of this info anyway, I built a PDF spec sheet that contains all the close-up data for the standard lens extensions, the Auto Extension Tubes, Helicoid Extension Tube, Auto Bellows 645 and the Auto Extension tubes & Helicoid Extension Tubes used in combination.

This lens was used in compiling the close-up data but the “pretty one” was used for the cover of the PDF.

Magnification with only lens extensions from: 0.20x to 1.00x (life-size)
Magnification with auto extension tubes from: 1.16x to 1.78x
Magnification with helicoid extension tube: 1.47x to 1.73x
Magnification with helicoid & auto ext. tubes: 1.47x to 2.44x
Magnification with auto bellows: 0.44x to 2.70x

A copy of this six page PDF document will be included N/C, in fact, if any owners of this lens want a copy, you can email at oneill@nucleus.com and I will forward a copy via Wetransfer.com

Condition: small scratch on main lens barrel, evidence of a label on main lens barrel (not removable), small ding on extension barrel, not so noticeable, at some point the lens was cleaned, or repaired, and the extending barrel was improperly assembled 90 degrees out of register so the white “index” line does not line up with the ratio marks on the fixed barrel. This is fixable, but only affects the reading of the ratio marks, and it is easy to align them with the red index on the focus distance indicator.

So … she is not the prettiest girl at the party, and she has some “warts”, but is a fantastic dancer ….. so, I have to ask you, did you come for “pretty” or come to dance? 😊

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
16.75 US (Continental US & Canada)

Shipping Services
Canada Post (Tracked Parcel)

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
No return (As is)

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1 Mark II  Photo   
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF