Item for Sale
Pentax HD DA 55-300mm and Pentax FA* 24mm

Asking Price
325.00 USD

Item Location
San Antonio (United States)

Item Description
Pentax HD DA 55-300mm - $200 shipped SOLD
I bought this second hand and it is in very good condition. I'm not sure how much the previous owner had actually used it, and if they had they babied it. I have used it outdoors for a few months now but never in rain. Some dust inside the lens, but the exterior looks almost untouched. Glass is clean other than the dust. Selling to put money towards a telephoto I can use better for astro too.

Pentax FA* 24mm f2 - $350 shipped $325 shipped
Bought off a fellow forum member a few years back. This has been a bucket-list, dream lens for a long time, but I could never justify it. Finally pulled the trigger when I had spare funds and have spent the last few months shooting with it. I'm happy to share more thoughts in detail about why I'm choosing not to keep it, but in short, I found for close-up shots it had wonderful rendition and character, but did not find it as versatile for landscapes/astro, which I was hoping to use it for as well. Hoping to make back most of what I paid, and I'll just count it as a rental

Photos show condition well. Lots of scratches on the hood and body. Little screws in the hood also showing rust. Glass itself is squeaky clean. Autofocus works. Did not experience any issues other than setting my K-1 to +7 or so lens calibration. Though I have to do this with my K-1 with every lens so far, so starting to think it's my K-1.

Free with any purchase
This is random, but thought I'd throw these out there since they are not really worth listing on their own, but still might help you. If you want one or either, just let me know and I'll throw them in for no additional cost.

Freehands photography gloves SOLD- Worn maybe a dozen times before moving to Texas and not needing gloves These have a little magnet cap for the pointer finger and thumb so you can have those fingerless, or covered. Mens size large. Insulated, but I found they worked best for only moderately cold environments. -13 F in Idaho was too cold for these

Vello P-TTL Cord for Pentax (OCS-P3) - Not sure if it works, though I have no reason to believe otherwise. Came in a kit of well taken care of gear. I don't have a flash so of no use to me.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
Texas

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Always happy to accept a return if you are unsatisfied with the condition or functionality of the item.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by Snapppy; 11-20-2020 at 06:41 PM. Reason: dropped price
10-01-2020, 05:38 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 21 (100%)
Original Poster
Marked items sold, and price drop for the FA* 24mm f2. Bump
11-20-2020, 06:45 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 21 (100%)
Original Poster
I was organizing my camera gear today and realized I still have this. Many interested parties, but no takers so far! I'm not in a hurry to sell as I do like this lens, it just doesn't get used much at all (clearly, since I went over a month without remembering I had it).

Opening up to trades for Pentax lenses or cameras/kits from other brands. I particularly like older gear. Trades have to be slightly in my favor, I do value cash more.

Thanks.
11-20-2020, 07:27 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 11 (100%)
Bump for an excellent lens. Love my FA* 24