Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-30-2020, 09:15 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 11 (100%)
0-GPS1 Module GPS Receiver (Astrotracer)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
0-GPS1 Module GPS Receiver (Astrotracer)

Asking Price
105.00 USD

Item Location
Talent, Oregon (United States)

Item Description
I'm guessing most people reading this ad know what this is.
The 0-GPS1 GPS Module aka receiver works with a number of different Pentax bodies that don't have a built-in GPS module (but do have GPS capabilities).
I bought this one a few months ago, principally to to Astrophotography with my KP.
I used it briefly and it worked beautifully - once it is calibrated, it allowed me to use the KP's built-in Astrotracer functions - and get some seriously cool star photos.

But my interests have changed and shifted - and as a result, I don't need it anymore.
I purchased it new, several months back, for nearly $150 - so I'm selling it at what I hope will be both a substantial discount - and also allow some other Pentaxian to get a nearly-new 0GPS1 for a fraction of its original price.

I don't have the original box or paperwork.
The unit requires 1 AAA battery to function.
I can't honestly remember if the USPS has any regulations about shipping camera equipment with batteries, but if I can, I'll be happy to leave the battery in.

It mounts directly in the hotshoe and has a little locking tab so it won't fall out.

NOTE: it was a little tricky figuring out the details of how to Calibrate it correctly for astrophotography; to make a long story short, the unit must be calibrated twice, the first time for normal GPS operations, the second time for the Astro functions. Calibration involves rotating the camera + 0GPS1 360 degrees on 3 separate axes. Sounds complicated but once you get the hang of it, it's quite easy.

SECOND NOTE: if you're interested in one of these, please do your homework and make sure it will work with your Pentax. It worked beautifully on my KP and I know it does on many others, but if you're not sure, there are some excellent resources and references here on PentaxForums to find out.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Like New

Shipping Destinations
North America

Shipping Charge

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
I don't accept returns. Please make sure you really want this before purchasing it from me.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
X30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
X30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
X30  Photo