PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
SMC Pentax DA 10-17mm fisheye zoom

Asking Price
200.00 USD

Item Location
Talent, Oregon (United States)

Item Description
Most Pentaxians know the reputation of this quirky and unique lens - a zoom which combines a rectilinear fisheye at its widest angle - 10mm - to a moderate but still fairly ultra wide angle at the telephoto end of the zoom - 17mm - which is the equivalent, roughly, of a 25 to 26mm field-of-view on a traditional 35mm or full-frame camera.

Those who have owned or used it know, first hand, what a unique and cool lens it is. In the hands of a thoughtful photographer, it can vary between crazy fun (the ultra-wide fisheye perspective) and an ultra-wide view of the world. It's especially useful for landscapes in my humble opinion and even can do a bit of astrophotography in a pinch.

But mainly, it's just a wonderfully unusual and well-built lens.
I'm selling it mainly because I haven't used it enough - and it's a shame to have this lens just sitting on the shelf, not being put through its paces.

I'm the 2nd owner. The lens is somewhere between very good and excellent condition (I'm honestly not quite certain how to differentiate the two.) It come with the original Pentax (fake leather) lens POUCH which housed it - as well as front and rear lens caps. This is the older classic SMC version of the lens - which has a tiny (and weird looking) little lens hood built-in to the front element. It comes with both front and rear lens caps. There's a newer version of the lens with both HD coatings - and a screw-in front lens-hood, instead of the built-in one on mine - but the older version continually seems to get stellar reviews from those who use and have used it.

I'm trying to price it reasonably, on the lower end of the typical pricing spectrum - you often see these lenses, used, going for between $225 and $250 and occasionally $275 and higher - but I'd rather make this more affordable for the right Pentaxian.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
North America

Shipping Charge

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
No returns. You buy it, it's yours.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
X30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
X30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
X30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
X30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
X30  Photo