PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Tripod Ballhead | Giottos MH 1301-656 Pro Series II

Asking Price
45.00 USD

Item Location
Washington State (United States)

Item Description
Giottos MH-1301 Pro Series II Medium Ballhead with MH-656 QR clamp and plate.
  • Medium duty (50mm base)
  • Aluminum alloy construction with hollow ball
  • Separate rubber-clad knobs for pan lock, ball tension, and ball lock
  • Engraved pan scale with degree markings
  • Arca-Swiss compatible quick release clamp and plate (50mm) with engraved scales and bubble levels for both vertical and horizontal
  • Clamp has safety post to prevent accidental release
  • Plate has fold-down anti-rotation tabs, cork face, and tool-less attachment (1/4"-20)

Manufacturer's Specifications:
  • Load capacity -- 9kg (20 lbs)
  • Height (w/plate) -- 10.6cm (4.1")
  • Base circumference -- 50mm
  • Tripod mount -- 3/8" or 1/4"-20 (with included adapter)
  • Weight -- 516gm (1.1 lbs)

Condition and Notes:
I listed condition as "Good" only because the forum does not provide v.Good or Ex-minus as options. Cosmetically the ballhead is as in the photos below with the finish in excellent condition except for some barked edges on the knobs and normal QR clamp/plate wear. Operation of all controls is silky and sure as when it was purchased. Rubber parts are in excellent condition. The ball surface is without mark and the panning action is smooth and quick.

Regarding capacity:
A good rule of thumb is to let the tripod platform diameter be the guide for choice of head. Working from that rule and based on many years with this head, it is my opinion that the rated 20 lb capacity is an overstatement. The heaviest kit I used was a Tamron 70-210/3.5 zoom (860gm) mated to my K-3 (800gm) balanced to the head with a tripod foot. I have done some good work with that combination. With balanced load and moderate angles, I would not hesitate to shoot with the late and much lamented Sigma 70-210/2.8 EX DG OS HSM (1430gm) coupled to the K-3 for a total of about 5 lbs (2230gm) or maybe even the K-1 with the same lens, though with some reserve.

A Few Photos | Higher resolution views on Flickr: LINK

View from the front:
(Note barked edge on pan lock knob and QR clamp)

View from the back:
(Note barked edges on clamp, ball tension, and ball lock knobs)

Detail of clamp:
Wear on plate is similar

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
included

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Return accepted if item is other than described. Insured shipping responsibility of buyer.

Price is firm.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!