Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-18-2021, 01:09 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 18 (100%)
Adapted Leica Summicron R 90mm and Elmarit R 135mm

For Sale.

Summicron R 90 $450 USD. See description below.
Elmarit R 135. $200 USD. See description below.
Both lenses $500 USD.

Prices include shipping in Canada and the CONUS. Tracked, insured, 6 to 10 day rate by canadapost or USPS. Condition of lenses as described, returns within 3 days of receiving lens only if lens is not in the condition depicted and described. Will consider shipping elsewhere, but additional expense will be covered by the buyer.

Both lenses come with the original R mount, R mount lens cap, lens cap, and pinch-on style lens cap. Both have been adapted to K mount with a Leitax improved auto aperture simulating adaptor. The aperture ring seems to move 1 click past wide open, but that appears to be a quirk with the adaptor. I didn't find the aperture simulation worked very well. There didn't seem to be enough spring tension to make it jump back to wide open, but you could shift it both directions manually.

Leica Summicron R 90. This has a small dot of fungus on the front element (see picture- near the center, below and left of the bright round large reflection). It hasn't noticibly changed or grown in the 2.5 years since I purchased the lens. The fungus is about the size of one of the dots in the label 1:2 on the front of the lens. I have not seen it show up in any photos while using the lens. I took it to see if the fungus could be removed, but the technician was unable to open the lens to access the front element. Someone else may or may not have better luck.

Other than that, the lens is in good condition. Minor marks on sharp corners where the finish is worn, but the worst areas are shown in the photos.

Leica Elmarit R 135. There is a plastic cylinder inside the lens to help control internal reflections. It is held in place by 3 fragile tabs, and 1 of them broke while changing the lens mount (see picture). I had no noticeable issues using the lens without, but it could also probably be held in place with the 2 remaining tabs. The broken part will come with the lens.

Other than that, this lens is also in good condition. The worst areas are shown in the pictures.

Last edited by mills; 04-18-2021 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Spelling