Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
[SOLD] Excellent Used 70mm f/2.4 DA Lens - $350

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Excellent Used 70mm f/2.4 DA Lens - $350

Asking Price
US$350

Item Description
For sale is a lightly used 70mm DA pancake lens. I have most if not all of the original packaging and paperwork. Includes the lens pouch, hood and cap, of course.

The lens is about two years old now and has only been lightly used, maybe for eight outings or so, probably not more than a couple hundred frames shot with it. It hasn't been used in the last year as I sold my K10D in anticipation of the K20D. Then circumstances prevented me from obtaining a K20D, so as much as I like the qualities of the Pentax system, I'm keeping things simple and going back to just one DSLR system (Canon).

See photos, let me know if you have any questions. Buyer pays shipping and insurance. Paypal only. I'm trustworthy - you can read my review of the K10D at PhotographyReview.com. If you're in Seattle, you can pick it up directly.

Feel free to send me a message or post here - but sorry if I'm not immediately responsive-holidays and family in town.

Thanks,
Larry

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition
Used
Excellent

Item Location
Seattle, WA

Shipping Charge
Buyer pays shipping + insurance

Shipping Services
UPS

Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Additional Details
This lens is excellent, barely used, and I would say almost 'like new' if it weren't just under two years old.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

11-21-2008, 08:47 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 43 (100%)
Hi! I am interested in the lens. How much would it be to send it to Melbourne, Australia?

Cheers,

Daniel
11-22-2008, 12:13 AM   #3

Original Poster
Hi Daniel,
Well I'm not too keen on shipping outside the US right now, but let's see what happens and maybe this will work out for you/me.

Thanks for asking however!
Larry
11-22-2008, 01:53 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 43 (100%)
Thanks, Larry. I am scratching my head thinking how I can afford this lens, but please do keep me posted (I might win a lottery or inherit a fortune in the meantime, who knows!)

By the way why do people mind send it overseas? As long as the buyer pays for the postage what's the problem? (besides the postage of a light lens is not likely to be high).

Daniel

11-22-2008, 02:14 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 15 (100%)
Just hope the AUD... dosn't free fall further.. Dainel..
11-22-2008, 06:05 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by DanielT74 Quote
By the way why do people mind send it overseas? As long as the buyer pays for the postage what's the problem? (besides the postage of a light lens is not likely to be high).

Daniel
I'm not the seller, but there are a few reasons I don't sell overseas. First, I am very busy with my job, family, etc., and the mere concept of looking into shipping something overseas is low on my priorities. Second, a general fear about customs issues, whether an item being held up generally, or for more fees, etc. And third, the feeling that if there is a problem with the shipping, or the item itself, it's just harder to deal with. I don't sell stuff all that much, but I am generally willing to narrow my buyers to the US, if it means just having a better chance of an easy, smooth transaction. But obviously, plenty of people have more time or experience to deal with overseas shipping, and are willing to do it. Just not some of us.
11-22-2008, 10:02 AM   #7

Original Poster
Re: international shipping, I'm in Jeffrey's camp too. There is probably some procedure that works most of the time. And then there is that one time something gets held up in customs forever... This can happen, I'm told, even between the US and Canada. So yeah, sorry Daniel. You're probably better off waiting for someone Down Under to part with their gear. Thanks for inquiring though.
11-22-2008, 10:02 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 63 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by DanielT74 Quote
Thanks, Larry. I am scratching my head thinking how I can afford this lens, but please do keep me posted (I might win a lottery or inherit a fortune in the meantime, who knows!)

Daniel
Hey Daniel,
With the exchange rates the way they are, $350 USD is $560 AUD (plus an extra couple percent for paypal, plus shipping).
You could always buy new in Australia for this price--pricing stars at $495AUD from a quick search of Australian stores (though I don't know if these stores are all legit, but there are 3 under $511):
PENTAX DA 70MM F2.4 LTD BLACK Camera Lens - Camera Lenses more... Pentax - Price

Just be careful with exchange rates these days--in Canada I got used to a great exchange rate and now it's always shocking!

11-22-2008, 12:35 PM   #9
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 31 (100%)
Re: Shipping to Australia

Outside of the US and Canada, Australia is the only country I will ship to. It's about as easy to ship there as it is to ship to Canada. I've shipped lenses there for as little as $10....and that's for airmail.