PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Hejnar Photo Design MS3-8 Focusing Rail

Asking Price
260.00 USD

Item Location
Coquitlam, BC (United States)

Item Description
The Hejnar MS3-8 Focusing Rail It is a well-designed, full-featured rail, with solid, CNC machined, black anodized aluminum components and is robust enough to support medium format cameras. I have this one and the larger MS5P-10-KS that I reviewed in an eBook that I just completed. While I would be happy using either rail, I am keeping the larger unit and am offering this one at $40 US less than Hejnar’s current sale price as I used it as a “fashion model” in my illustrations 😊.

8 Inch Single Stage Macro Rail

Below is the text of my review on this unit.

This excellent focusing rail has a lead screw driven travel carriage, or slider. It has an eight-inch-long, 5/8-inch-thick bottom rail, providing stiffness and resultant precision, is skeletonized to save weight, and includes a dovetail running the full length that is compatible with the industry standard Arca-Swiss design. For camera attachment, a 2.375 inch-wide (60mm) clamp is used, and it can be orientated in three positions, allowing the mounting of longer macro lenses that have a fixed mounting foot or even a bellows unit.

All the adjusting mechanisms are controlled with generously sized knurled knobs, easily operated with gloved hands. There are stops at both ends of the bottom rail to keep it from sliding out of the tripod mounting clamp.

The top of the rail is also dovetailed for a clamp mount, making it easy to mount an accessory such as a flash bracket for off-camera flash or an LED light unit.

It has an overall length of 273mm (10.75 inches) and a carriage travel of 124mm (4.9 inches).

From an operational standpoint it has a “fast- positioning” feature where the lead (drive) screw can be disengaged and the carriage slid backward and forwards to quickly bring the camera and lens into a position where only fine focusing is needed. The carriage, or slider, can also be locked in position with a side-mounted knurled knob.

The lead screw can be turned from both ends of the rail. While there is no rotation markings, there is a “knob locking setscrew” that is clearly visible on the knob and can be used as a reference point for turning the knurled knob. One complete rotation of the knob, controlling the lead screw, delivers 1.06mm of carriage travel, or 0.0416 inches. This in fine enough for the most demanding aspects of focus stacking.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
New

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Continental US & Canada $18.75 US Tracked, others by quote

Shipping Services
Canada Post

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Return allowed if not as stated.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1 Mark II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1 Mark II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo