PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
HD PENTAX-DA 18-50mmF4-5.6 DC WR RE

Asking Price
120.00 USD

Item Location
Oak Park MI (United States)

Item Description
Nice light WR walk around lens. Just bought 7 months ago. Includes the box, instructions and all paper work including receipt. Excellent condition no mechanical or optical issues. Selling because I could not get use to retractable design (I personally don't like it) lens is sharp for me even wide open. I have a review here on Pentax Forums done before any thoughts of selling it. Please ask if you have questions.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
North America

Shipping Charge
Included in price

Shipping Services
UPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
5 day examination window, upon receipt. Return at buyers cost for refund of purchase price within the 5 day window. Must be in "as received" condition. Any damage claims must be taken up with shipping company

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Last edited by jamesm007; 07-15-2021 at 09:58 PM.
07-13-2021, 07:19 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 26 (100%)
If I didn't already own the DA-L version of this, I would be all over the lens. It's a handy compact zoom and surprisingly good image quality. Agreed that the retraction mechanism is a bit wonky but once you get used to it, it's fine. A perfect match for the K-S2, K-70, etc., line of DSLRs. I have used it on my K-01 and KP to make those cameras ultra portable! The HD version is supposed to have great IQ, better than my smc coated one. Good luck with the sale!
07-13-2021, 09:41 AM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
Honestly, I haven't had any issues with the retraction mechanism. It seems to do its job. Sure, it's plastic and these moving parts are plastic but they seem designed to last a while.
Being all plastic makes this a very light lens and being compact, it's a perfect walk-around. I like the HD coating colors and flare resistance, and it's sharp enough for most uses. Add WR and an in-lens motor and how can you go wrong with this lens? Oh and taking pictures at 18-21mm and f4 it's perfectly sharp and I can take pictures at 1/15s hand held, so being f4 doesn't really represent a problem most of the time.
07-13-2021, 01:29 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 67 (100%)
A fine lens, better than should be expected.

07-15-2021, 06:36 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 23 (100%)
Unfortunately I detest PayPal. I have the SMC version and would sure like to get the HD version.
07-15-2021, 10:10 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ronald Oakes Quote
Unfortunately I detest PayPal. I have the SMC version and would sure like to get the HD version.
I have Cash App if you are interested.