PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Minolta Prod 20's P&S film camera

Asking Price
120.00 USD

Item Location
California (United States)

Item Description
For your viewing - AND BUYING - pleasure I present to you a very pretty P&S camera.

I give you the delightful, the delectable, the is that all it does Minolta Prod 20's. In full boxed kit with all the dinky accessories that were meant to add value. At least the pouch is handy..
Condition would be like new if it didn't have a few bright marks on the top plate. That's because when I bought it new new, the seller didn't secure the lens cap properly and in transit it came loose and rubbed on the top plate. As the French say, such is life..
As with ALL these cameras, the pleather can start to peel off. I secured/repaired it on the front with pliobond adhesive (cannot tell there was an issue), but by the film door catch it is slightly rising. I have not touched that as IMO it hasn't moved enough to warrant a re-glue. But full disclosure etc, so when/if the time comes, use pliobond.
Comes with not one but two LI batteries as this size is easy to find online, but hard in a corner shop. So that's a bonus.
The idea behind this camera is to make a nice looking classic style (Leica-esque?) camera, in metal (on the outside), with a basic P&S spec. The bottom plate even comes off like a Leica!.
You have next zero control over what happens. Basically the only thing you control is the on/off switch, and if the self timer is set (with an actual cool self timer lever!). Flash fires whenever it feels like but at least it does actually seem appropriate. Exposures really are excellent (see attached pics) but I would only recommend this camera as a party camera - i.e. something to take people or up to mid distance pics with. I didn't like the results much at infinity. The lens just doesn't seem to resolve well for that.
But this is a great party camera, as people love the way it looks, it is so easy to give to someone to take a pic with as there is nothing for them to mess up, and those type of pics come out well. I would hazard to say it would also be a good street camera for those same reasons.

$120 + $15.50 flat rate USPS express shipping.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Like New

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
15.50 flat rate medium box

Shipping Services
USPS Priority

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
1 week same condition

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!