Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-13-2021, 06:01 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 70 (100%)
Tamron 1.4x Pz-AF teleconverter (full-frame & SDM compatible)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Tamron 1.4x Pz-AF teleconverter (full-frame & SDM compatible)

Asking Price
60.00 USD

Item Location
Savannah GA (United States)

Item Description
Tamron 1.4x Pz-AF teleconverter

High-quality TC, very well-regarded. This TC allows auto-focus "passthrough" with both screwdrive and SDM/DC lenses. (Sigma HSM lenses can be finicky though -- depends on the lens. They are also finicky on the Pentax TC.) But like all TCs besides the Pentax one, it reports the original focal length of the base lens rather than the new effective focal length (x 1.4) when using autofocus lenses. (Manual lenses you enter it yourself, so you can still do that.) So shake reduction is somewhat less effective if you have that turned on.

Ok, I've actually got two of these. Both with the same "issue", but that issue isn't really a problem. Which is -- they both have some internal haze on the elements. It is one of those things that you can see only with an LED flashlight but not when you hold it up to the window (in which case it looks totally clear). However, I can't detect any optical problems caused by this whatsoever (which is usually the case when it is only detectable via flashlight) -- I tested them side-by-side and also compared with the Pentax HD 1.4x and I can't tell the difference between any of the results (actually the Pentax version has a slightly different magnification, but other than that). My tests are all on APS-C, so I'm not seeing the edges. Anyway, I believe these perform equivalently to any other copy of this TC, but realize this still dings the value somewhat and these are priced accordingly.

$60 each (that includes shipping)

Otherwise, both are in very good shape and work fine -- only difference is I've got an original Tamron body cap for one of them -- the rest of the caps are generic.

I take PayPal (I pay the fees), and am shipping to USA only.

Pics of TC #1: (THIS ONE HAS BEEN SOLD)

Pics of TC #2 (THIS ONE STILL AVAILABLE)

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
free in USA

Shipping Services
USPS Priority

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
returns accepted if not as stated -- please let me know of any problems within 3 days of delivery

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by vonBaloney; 09-18-2021 at 03:22 PM.
09-16-2021, 02:37 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 70 (100%)
Original Poster
bump. Teleconverter anyone?

---------- Post added 09-16-21 at 10:31 PM ----------

One is sold, one left.
09-17-2021, 08:35 AM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 31 (100%)