Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-23-2021, 03:36 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
Free for the price of shipping - Faulty Lenses

I have a few faulty lenses I'm not going to use anymore, and I'm not going to keep either...

SMC 55mm f2 (K series) - Amazing lens before balsam separation created a haze inside the lens, now it's lost some resolution and quite a bit of contrast.

SMC DA 50mm f/1.8 - The Plastic Fantastic Nifty Fifty. Another amazing lens until I dropped it and one of the iris blades came lose and doesn't move, staying deployed even when it's wide open. The other blades also move more freely now so when closing down the blades they close down completely. There's hardly any signs it was dropped, it looks very good, and the glass is perfect. If someone can fix the blades she can sing again.

Rikenon XR 50 1.4 - A bit more dust than normal inside. The aperture is stuck wide open - it just happened one day. From my research there's a spring from the aperture lever to the blades that probably came loose. It looks well used but it's built like a tank so once fixed it could still lest for a long time.

SMC Pentax-M 50mm f4 Macro - I got this lens over a year ago. This lens had some fungus starting inside. I killed it with sunlight and now you can't even see where it used to be, but there's a bit of haze in the edges (fungus dust?) that doesn't' affect sharpness (it's probably my sharpest 50, I just did a test against my SMC-F 50 f1.7 and it was noticeably sharper at f8). But for some reason it causes internal reflections so if there's a strong light coming into the glass, it causes 3 things: overexposure, throws the white balance off and the picture turns bluish (both fixable) and if sometimes a bit of flare (not always, and I can't get it to happen consistently).
Cosmetically, it looks great.

So if you have the skills to clean, you could either have some cool lenses to try out, or make a few bucks.

No caps.

Cost will be 10 bucks per lens for shipping. If you buy more than one, the additional lens will be 4 dollars. If you want three or four I should be able to get a medium flat rate box, I think it's 16 dollars.

I'll give priority to anyone who wants all 4.

09-23-2021, 03:42 PM - 1 Like   #2
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 28 (100%)
now that is what I call full disclosure
09-23-2021, 04:34 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 19 (100%)
P.M. on its way...
09-23-2021, 06:09 PM   #4
Pentaxian