Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-03-2008, 03:34 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 38 (100%)
[SOLD] Windows Vista Ultimate sell or trade for lens

I have two Windows Vista Ultimate Edition OEM installation DVDs with two activation keys. These are 100% genuine Microsoft DVDs and keys. I got these directly from Microsoft. One disc has the 32-bit version and the other is the 64-bit version. You can mix and match the activation keys for a 32 or 64 bit installation on two computers. These are the full install, not the upgrade versions.

I tried to install Vista on my Apple Computer only to find that the Mac does not like to work well with Windows. I suspect that it's an issue with the Apple drivers as the Mac would always start to crash after I would install them. I decided to give up and bought a Sony laptop rather than bother with the Mac. Vista has not been activated as I could not get my Mac to work with it for more than a few minutes.

I would like to trade both Vista DVDs and keys for Pentax glass. I am looking for Pentax brand AF lenses, Zeiss or Voigtlander manual lenses only. I am willing to work with cash on either side. I would also consider a Pentax 540 flash. I would be willing to sell these as well if you would rather just buy. Please make me an offer.

12-03-2008, 04:21 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
I don't vista would be worth much for a lens trade

QuoteOriginally posted by AlbertSiegel Quote
I have two Windows Vista Ultimate Edition OEM installation DVDs with two activation keys. These are 100% genuine Microsoft DVDs and keys. I got these directly from Microsoft. One disc has the 32-bit version and the other is the 64-bit version. You can mix and match the activation keys for a 32 or 64 bit installation on two computers. These are the full install, not the upgrade versions.

I tried to install Vista on my Apple Computer only to find that the Mac does not like to work well with Windows. I suspect that it's an issue with the Apple drivers as the Mac would always start to crash after I would install them. I decided to give up and bought a Sony laptop rather than bother with the Mac. Vista has not been activated as I could not get my Mac to work with it for more than a few minutes.

I would like to trade both Vista DVDs and keys for Pentax glass. I am looking for Pentax brand AF lenses, Zeiss or Voigtlander manual lenses only. I am willing to work with cash on either side. I would also consider a Pentax 540 flash. I would be willing to sell these as well if you would rather just buy. Please make me an offer.
12-03-2008, 07:29 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 11 (100%)
I'd like to trade the original vista box, no DVD inside and no key...just the box, like new. I'll trade for any prime lens, especially the FA or DA ltd lenses. Albert, you're a funny guy and you made my day
12-03-2008, 09:54 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
What's funny about my listing? I thought I would give a trade a try. I don't really think I will get any takers, but I figured there would be no harm in asking. I am doing nothing with this software and figured there might be someone here who needs it. If not, I will just chuck it on eBay sometime this week as I plan to put some other items I no longer use or need.

I am not askign for a even trade for a 43mm Limited or anything like that. I would be willing to trade for less and/or offer cash on my part to even things out. Is there something wrong with my listing that I do not see? Please feel free to give feedback as I never really deal with software and don't know if I am asking too much.

12-03-2008, 09:59 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 13 (100%)
A no doesn't cost you anything. No harm in asking.
12-04-2008, 04:31 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 6 (86%)
cheezit, the cops!

Watch out for the Microsoft police, they tend to get real cranky if end users move MS product for any reason... and they do not have a sense of humor,
Brian (FHPhotographer)
12-04-2008, 05:56 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 11 (100%)
Hey Albert, there's no harm in asking and sorry for the sarcastic reply. OEM software is usually bundled with a notebook/desktop and can sometimes be hardware specific. If this was the case and someone bought/traded your vista copies, they may not be able to even use it. Also, with OEM software, when the key is registered, I think Microsoft only recognize it for one installation. If you format your computer and re-install it, they key may be invalid.
12-04-2008, 07:33 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by FHPhotographer Quote
Watch out for the Microsoft police, they tend to get real cranky if end users move MS product for any reason... and they do not have a sense of humor,
Brian (FHPhotographer)
They tend to get angry when people sell things which they have obtained through means other than retail channels. For example, if I attempted to sell volume licensed copies, they'd be pretty pissed, and rightly so, since I'd pretty much be ripping someone off with a fraudulent copy. Also, OEM licenses used to require purchase with hardware (this requirement is gone now)

QuoteOriginally posted by AlbertSiegel Quote
Vista has not been activated as I could not get my Mac to work with it for more than a few minutes.
I was originally going to comment on your listing until I saw that you hadn't activated them - because you haven't, selling is legitimate (unless the packages are marked NFR). I'm not sure if you'll find anyone willing to trade a lens for them though.

QuoteOriginally posted by figmental1978 Quote
OEM software is usually bundled with a notebook/desktop and can sometimes be hardware specific. If this was the case and someone bought/traded your vista copies, they may not be able to even use it. Also, with OEM software, when the key is registered, I think Microsoft only recognize it for one installation. If you format your computer and re-install it, they key may be invalid.
There are multiple types of OEM software. The software which traditionally ships with preassembled PCs from larger vendors is marked NFR (Not for resale). OEM software which is purchased as a standalone product is typically not NFR.

What it is, is limited to activating for only one computer (where computer is defined as motherboard, incidentally). Since the OP says he hasn't performed activation, this shouldn't be a problem.

12-05-2008, 08:19 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I assume the term OEM is correct since I got these directly from Microsoft. I think they are the same as retail, just without the box. I'm sorry, but i'm not that familiar with all the differences between packaging on Vista. It is my understanding that what I am doing is fine since these were a stand-alone product that did not ship with a computer and were sent to me directly from Microsoft.
12-05-2008, 05:53 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
If you haven't activated them (as you say), and the packaging isn't marked "NOT FOR RESALE" then you're fine.
12-06-2008, 11:04 PM   #11
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
Albert,
I just might be interested in working something out with you.
I have a dozen lenses and a new AF540 we could see what might work for both of us.
John,
ps, if you're in Miami PM me a message with your phone number and a good time to call and I'll call you. I have free calling nation wide.
12-07-2008, 10:04 AM   #12
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 28 (100%)
If anyone has priced the Vista Ultimate upgrade in the stores much less the full version, this is a very reasonable offer. Based on what he has written, this is a legitimate trade and the Pirates of Silicone Valley be damned.

Edit: Keep in mined that the newer versions of Vista that came out in 2008 come packaged with service pack 2 which is required for newer machines.
12-07-2008, 11:13 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank for the bump! I have been able to make a trade.