Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-08-2008, 08:53 AM   #1

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
[SOLD] Pentax FA* 28-70mm f2.8

Well used, poor cosmetic condition but in excellent operating and optical condition - recently been serviced by Pentax UK

Available via ebay.
User name on ebay: spirit_of_will
GBP400.00 buy-it-now or GBP100.00 starting price
Item# 290281469861 starts at 20:00 GMT 8th Dec

I'm mainly a user on the UK Pentax User Forum, check-in there as a number of the users there have bought from me in the past. My ebay feedback is at 100% but it's been a year or more since I sold any photography gear.

For pics of the lens check out my pbase account: For Sale Photo Gallery by Will Barton at pbase.com

Any questions, let me know...

Will

12-08-2008, 08:55 AM   #2
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Feedback Score: 117 (100%)
Ebay ads are not allowed here unless the item has been listed for at least 7 days here on the forum.
12-08-2008, 08:57 AM   #3
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Feedback Score: 117 (100%)
Marketplace Regulations

* You may only use the Marketplace to sell your own new or used photo equipment, or purchase equipment being sold by others (this includes photo-related software and accessories in addition to cameras and lenses)
* You must explicitly list items in your threads, and describe them in detail. For instance, you cannot merely write, "Selling a bunch of Pentax gear, please contact me."
* Products or services offered by third parties may not be advertised in the marketplace, even if they are universally beneficial to forum members (such useful services should be mentioned within a thread in the appropriate discussion forum, i.e. "General Talk")
* You may post images of your item(s) in your Marketplace threads, although they are not required
* If a thread is closed, the item listed is no longer available (or no longer being looked for)
* An asking price or price range must be posted (you may ask for a best offer in addition to your stated price, however)
* False promotional information within item listings is not tolerated and will be removed upon discovery
* Commercial products sold on behalf of a store or website may not be listed; the Marketplace is for personal use only
* Electronic products available via electronic download only may not be sold through the marketplace; all software must include an original CD or DVD, etc., and must be shipped
* You may only place links to your own eBay auctions after the auctioned item has been listed in the Marketplace for at least one week
* You may not post links to others' eBay auctions
* Only photography-related equipment may be sold in this section
* Do not publicly comment on others' asking prices
* Only definitive "for sale" or "for trade" threads are allowed; no "feelers" or "would anyone be interested" threads
* Marketplace thread titles must directly reflect the item(s) being sold
* Site administrators and moderators reserve the right to remove any thread or feedback entry without prior notice
* Please acquaint yourself with the excerpt from the official forum rules below for specifics on the Marketplace section
* You may bump your Marketplace threads after 12 hours if a price change has been made, or after 24 hours if not; do not bump more than three times a week
* We hope you find the Marketplace useful and enjoy using it
12-08-2008, 09:01 AM   #4

Original Poster
Sorry! You have so many posts that say read me first, guess the two that I read first I got bored of reading rules...

12-08-2008, 11:38 AM   #5

Original Poster
PS: Shipping...

UK = GBP9.00 for special delivery (inc GBP500 insurance)
Western Europe = GBP15.00 Airsure inc insurance
USA & Canada = GBP23.00 Airsure inc insurance
12-08-2008, 12:34 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
Wow...poor thing...looks like a dog used it for a chew toy :-P
12-08-2008, 01:13 PM   #7
Syb
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
Looking at these pictures, it strikes me that the front element is not carrying the hood. Does that mean that on 28mm setting, the element is reaching **out of** the hood? Or does it remain just inside of it?

Just curious and a free bump...

Oh by the way I like the dog chewing comparison. Quite a dog, then

12-08-2008, 01:21 PM   #8

Original Poster
The front element does extend but not beyond the end of the hood.

I can tell you it wouldn't have been a popular dog!

The lens simply has had plenty of use, anyone that has actually used their FA* lenses will tell you that the finish on the hood doesn't take a huge amount to start to rub it off. Not the brightest of ideas by Pentax but I guess one of the reasons that MINT ones command such a premium. Problem is that it's always a worry taking a MINT lens out into the real world...

If you want a lens to reside on a shelf looking pretty, this isn't the one for you...
12-08-2008, 02:40 PM   #9

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
Hmmm, nice...
just a remark: I don't see the "buy it now" option in your ebay AD. Guess you changed your mind ?...
12-08-2008, 02:55 PM   #10
Syb
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
If I recollect correctly, the Buy it Now- option disappears after the first bid has been made. This is a pressure tool for hesitating buy-it-now- candidates, and it urges the seller to put a treshold on the first bid. Which will result in higher Ebay cost. It is all very well meditated. And we, the buyers and sellers, suffer from it.

Unless we manage to buy before the buy-it-now option is installed.

I noticed a funny example yesterday. A seller raised his BiN for a flash with 50 euros after I had sent inquiries for shipping cost. Buy-it-now-price had been changed in first bidding price.

Of course, I didn't bite anymore.
12-08-2008, 03:03 PM   #11

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
Thanks Syb, forgot about this :-)
12-09-2008, 03:58 PM   #12

Original Poster
As has been explained, the buy-it-now option doesn't stay unless you put on a reserve price. There is no reserve on this one, just a lovely, well loved lens waiting to find a new home for Christmas!
12-09-2008, 09:28 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 9 (100%)
It seems that ebay listing is allowed in the marketplace as a new rule.
12-09-2008, 09:32 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 149 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
It seems that ebay listing is allowed in the marketplace as a new rule.
Guess so ...

Last time I violated the rule (selling an item on a friend's behalf, actually I even had the item w/ me, and I'd ship it myself), my list was removed even w/o any warning
12-10-2008, 02:01 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 9 (100%)
Aha, I see. Sorry to hear that Frank.

If I had known that, I would have advertised some of my ebay items here as well.

A free bump for the seller.