Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-24-2021, 11:30 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
m42 Fujinon 55mm f2.2 lens

I can do $50.00 including shipping and Paypal fees to California for an m42 Fujinon 55mm f2.2 lens in Good Condition.
So if you are done playing with bubble bokeh. I would like to try. Also, any advice regarding safely connecting it to my Pentax KP or K70 would be helpful.
I'm not sure if I need to cutoff a pin on the lens or if I would need an adapter ring. Thanks much.

12-24-2021, 02:49 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Not selling, but use mine occasionally on my Pentax cameras with no problems, with a few provisos.
A) There's a lug (or should be) on the back of the aperture ring that Fujica cameras use to "read" the lens setting. This will need to be filed off for the lens to "sit" properly on a Pentax, otherwise the lens won't screw all the way down and the aperture ring will jam against the camera body. Obviously this modification will reduce any "collector" value the lens may have, also it will prevent the lens being used with a Fujica film camera except in stop-down mode.
B) The plastic "shell" of the lens is notorious for breaking up. If I remember correctly this doesn't actually affect the operation of the lens, but looks untidy!
C) There's no a/m switch on the lens, so, assuming you're using a "normal" M42-PK adaptor, the auto-aperture pin on the lens will need to be held in, by one means or another if you want to work with anything other than full aperture. I've glued mine in with a spot of "super-glue" … other solutions are available
For something else in a similar vein, check out the Prakticar 50mm f/2.4. Only available in PB mount (as far as I'm aware), it's not a difficult job to "convert" it to PK mount, see Pentacon Pancake on a Pentax! … it's quite a nice "pancake" lens, if you like that sort of thing
For both lenses, the bokeh is "different" … under some circumstances quite pleasant, under others, almost "harsh". You'll need to play with it, trying different lens to subject and subject to background distances to find a combination you're happy with.
Good luck
12-24-2021, 10:33 PM   #3
Marketplace Reseller

Feedback Score: 369 (99%)
I may have as many as 4 for sale in this ad... have a look

3rd Party M42 Camera Lots - 118 Cameras, 107 Lenses, 3 Winder/grips - PentaxForums.com
12-24-2021, 11:22 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kypfer Quote
Not selling, but use mine occasionally on my Pentax cameras with no problems, with a few provisos.
A) There's a lug (or should be) on the back of the aperture ring that Fujica cameras use to "read" the lens setting. This will need to be filed off for the lens to "sit" properly on a Pentax, otherwise the lens won't screw all the way down and the aperture ring will jam against the camera body. Obviously this modification will reduce any "collector" value the lens may have, also it will prevent the lens being used with a Fujica film camera except in stop-down mode.
B) The plastic "shell" of the lens is notorious for breaking up. If I remember correctly this doesn't actually affect the operation of the lens, but looks untidy!
C) There's no a/m switch on the lens, so, assuming you're using a "normal" M42-PK adaptor, the auto-aperture pin on the lens will need to be held in, by one means or another if you want to work with anything other than full aperture. I've glued mine in with a spot of "super-glue" … other solutions are available
For something else in a similar vein, check out the Prakticar 50mm f/2.4. Only available in PB mount (as far as I'm aware), it's not a difficult job to "convert" it to PK mount, see Pentacon Pancake on a Pentax! … it's quite a nice "pancake" lens, if you like that sort of thing
For both lenses, the bokeh is "different" … under some circumstances quite pleasant, under others, almost "harsh". You'll need to play with it, trying different lens to subject and subject to background distances to find a combination you're happy with.
Good luck
Thanks the help.

12-25-2021, 02:50 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
QuoteOriginally posted by digitaldaydreams Quote
Thanks the help.
Just as an afterthought … something else to think about in the "4 element in 4 group" vein.
If you trip over a Ricoh Riconar 55mm f/2.2 in your travels, it might be worth playing with.
It has the advantage of being in PK mount by default, so straightforward to use
Again, the bokeh is "different", so may or may not appeal, but the lenses are usually cheap!
12-25-2021, 12:22 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
$12 Fujinon 55mm F2.2 (828685), Good condition, no A/M switch

QuoteOriginally posted by MightyMike Quote
I may have as many as 4 for sale in this ad... have a look

3rd Party M42 Camera Lots - 118 Cameras, 107 Lenses, 3 Winder/grips - PentaxForums.com
Hi Mike
Is this an M42 mount ? $12 Fujinon 55mm F2.2 (828685), Good condition, no A/M switch
How much total purchase and shipping (USD) if it shipped to California zip 93514?
Also if it needs one to work on my k70 or KP Would you happen to have a M42-PK adaptor?

Thanks,
Frank Hawkins
12-25-2021, 01:36 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 9 (100%)
M42 adapter with the flange

QuoteOriginally posted by digitaldaydreams Quote
Hi Mike
Is this an M42 mount ? $12 Fujinon 55mm F2.2 (828685), Good condition, no A/M switch
How much total purchase and shipping (USD) if it shipped to California zip 93514?
Also if it needs one to work on my k70 or KP Would you happen to have a M42-PK adaptor?

Thanks,
Frank Hawkins
If you do not want to permanently or semi-permanently alter the lens you can use M42 - PK adapter with the flange ( on the right)

They are very convenient for lenses without AUTO/Manual switch.
Both adapters will give you infinity focus.

12-25-2021, 02:03 PM   #8
Marketplace Reseller

Feedback Score: 369 (99%)
PM sent
12-25-2021, 04:30 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MightyMike Quote
PM sent
Hi Mike. Some of my PM are disappearing from my sent folder So I'll try here to be sure I can communicate.
I would like to get the Fujinon 55mm F2.2 (828685)
I'll get the adapter elsewhere.
whenever you have time.
Thanks and Merry Christmas,
Frank Hawkins

Last edited by digitaldaydreams; 12-25-2021 at 11:53 PM. Reason: removed non public info
12-26-2021, 12:10 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Here's some choice of adapter with various flanges

Hi i_trax, did you mean one of these? I so which one? see attachment.
QuoteOriginally posted by i_trax Quote
If you do not want to permanently or semi-permanently alter the lens you can use M42 - PK adapter with the flange ( on the right)

They are very convenient for lenses without AUTO/Manual switch.
Both adapters will give you infinity focus.
Attached Images

12-26-2021, 06:32 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 9 (100%)
For Fuji M42 without A/M switch the Bpwer ( on the right ) would be the best choice ( I haven't used this one ) - it has a flange.
The black Fotodiox ( on the left ) and Haogen you will loose infinity focus but for MACRO will be ok.
I have K&F Concept , no flange so not good choice for old Fuji + workmanship is not very precise so for the best adapter ( with-out flange , lens with A/M switch ) I would only recommend the original Pentax brand , not cheap but the engineering is perfect.
12-29-2021, 09:29 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks much for taking the time to help.
QuoteOriginally posted by i_trax Quote
For Fuji M42 without A/M switch the Bpwer ( on the right ) would be the best choice ( I haven't used this one ) - it has a flange.
The black Fotodiox ( on the left ) and Haogen you will loose infinity focus but for MACRO will be ok.
I have K&F Concept , no flange so not good choice for old Fuji + workmanship is not very precise so for the best adapter ( with-out flange , lens with A/M switch ) I would only recommend the original Pentax brand , not cheap but the engineering is perfect.