Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-28-2022, 12:39 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 32 (100%)
Now One Super Takumar - 55/2.0

Hopefully someone will get some enjoyment and good images from these this old warhorse/gem.

Asking $32 shipped for the 55/2; the 200/4 is about to head to a new home

The first is a Super Takumar 55mm f2.0. It does show some signs of wear on the body, filter ring and mounting surface. No indication of damage, just use. Focusing is smooth, and the diaphragm works as it should. This isn't marked SMC, but if you look at the front and rear elements, it sure looks multicoated. There is a small amount of internal dust, but no haze and no fungus. For its age, I'd call it an 8 cosmetically and 9 optically. Includes correct front and rear Takumar caps.

The second is a Super Takumar 200mm f4.0.

SOLD

The good news is that I'd call this a 9 cosmetically and optically. Depending on your needs, I'd call it a 7.5 functionally. Focusing is smooth, but firm. Like quite a few teles, this focuses a bit past what I'd call infinity, but the near range appears correct. Sharpness seems good. The aperture is slow, but this appears to be a mechanical issue, not one of oil on the blades, which are completely dry and straight. It cycles through the range of openings as it should. It has been de-clicked; see below. It will work fine shot stop-down, but would not work in auto mode for film. There is a small amount of internal dust, but no haze or fungus. Includes Takumar front and generic rear caps.

Here's the story on this one: It is a rescue. Someone had managed to get it apart, but not back together. I have no idea what their aim was, but the workings were not connected fore-aft. I managed to get it all the way apart and re-mate the helicoids. The aperture lever was loose from the actuation ring, so I had to reconnect that. The glass didn't need any attention other than a careful cleaning of fingerprints. The aperture click ball bearing was already gone. It's a little fiddly, but overall should work fine, and should be an economical addition to someone's collection.

Shot at near focal limit:

Shot at functional "infinity." 50 yards + is my best guess.

Please check the images closely and ask any questions you have.

As I said, prices include shipping (USPS) and PayPal fees.

Buyer must have a PayPal confirmed address and shipment must be to that address. All sales are final.

Last edited by MXLX; 03-28-2022 at 06:34 PM.
03-28-2022, 01:11 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
Hey MXLX, check the prices you have listed, looks like they are reversed or the 200 is incorrect. It shows $40 for the 55 and $32 for the 200. But it says extra for the 200 due to weight. I'll take the 200 at $40, or let me know if it is a little more, send me a PM.

Neuse River Sailor.
03-28-2022, 04:24 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
200/4 sold.

Last edited by MXLX; 03-28-2022 at 06:35 PM.
03-29-2022, 03:27 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 9 (100%)
PM Sent, I'll purchase the 55/2.0 Super Tak. Thanks!

03-29-2022, 10:02 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Deal pending!