PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
For Sale - Pentax MX camera body

Asking Price
80.00 USD

Item Location
SE Pennsylvania (United States)

Item Description
Continuing to reduce my equipment collection by getting items to folks who will use them. For sale is my Pentax MX manual focus film camera body.

The body is in very good to excellent cosmetic condition. It was cradled in a camera bag in a closet for the last 15 years or more. It had a CLA right before I stopped using it.

I have not put any film through it, but all functions seem to be working properly. I have tested each shutter speed, and although I don’t have the equipment to check calibration, each speed seems to be appropriately related to those immediately faster or slower than the set speed.

I put in two new 357 batteries to check the light meter (stack of 5 LEDs) which works properly. I also attached a lens and the LED-indicated exposure settings varied properly with lighting. There was no corrosion in the battery compartment or on the battery holder.

The self-timer also works as designed. There does not seem to be any mirror foam or seal degradation and the shutter curtains seem good too (see photo with shutter partially cocked). There is a very small mark on the focusing screen that is visible at the top of the viewfinder.

Included with the camera body is the shown OEM Pentax body cap, the two installed batteries, an OEM rubber Eyecup-M, a finder cap ME and the MX brochure touting its features and capabilities. The lens shown in photos is NOT included.

I am the original owner of this camera which was always a pleasure to use. I almost hate to part with it, but I doubt that I will ever go back to shooting film.

PM me with any questions or requests for other photos

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only

Shipping Charge

Shipping Services
USPS preferred

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
If the camera is not as I describe it, you may return it to me for refund undamaged, but the purchaser pays return shipping charges. Sold as is with no warranty.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

04-01-2022, 09:05 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 13 (100%)
I'll take it, will pm you. Church Key