PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Sigma f/5.6 prime lens for Pentax K

Asking Price
150.00 USD

Item Location
Frankfort, Ky. (United States)

Item Description
For sale is a legacy Sigma 400mm lens for Pentax K. I've used this non-APO lens for birding with good results when it's stopped down to f/8 or more. No, this is not a premium lens, but it's a good starter / budget alternative to the higher-end superzooms when you learn to use it, as I did.

Chromatic aberrations can often show up and be reduced in editing software.

The lens can be used in auto- or manual-focus mode. One of the photos shows the manual-focus ring under a sliding cover on the lens body.

Glass is clear with no haze or fungus. Body has just a few meaningless scuffs, mostly on the retractable hood.

Included are 72mm UV and circular polarizing filters, both caps, and a #3 Lowepro thick padded case. Note the attached collar for tripod or monopod attachment.

I added a strip of adhesive-backed flocking material inside the hood; it tended to slide too freely back and forth; with the added flocking material, it can be pushed forward and "locked" in the fully-extended position.

See the reviews, and note the link to a detailed video review and advice on using the lens, all here: Sigma / Carl Zeiss Jena (AF and MF) 400mm F5.6 IF MC multicoated Lens Reviews - Sigma Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
North America

Shipping Charge
Included in price

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order

Return Policy & Additional Details
Returns only if the item is not as described.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

04-25-2022, 06:47 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
I have one of these. It was my first lens over 300mm. One thing I really like about this lens is its light weight.