PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax K-1 & 1.5x, 2x teleconverters

Asking Price
899.00 CAD

Item Location
Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Item Description
For sale (worldwide) or trade (local only) for photography gear (film and digital). Trades: Offer up something of equal value (or as partial payment), doesn't have to be Pentax.

Everything listed is included for the asking price. Pricing reflects the condition and fair market value of the K-1 at the time of posting. The extras bundled with the camera are value-adds and their omission does not affect the asking price of the K-1.

Price in Canadian dollars

Attached are are a couple samples to give you an idea of the performance characteristics of the camera. I'm no Ansel Adams. Lens used was the HD Pentax-D FA 15-30mm f/2.8 ED SDM WR which has since found a new home. Sunstar was at f/22, Aurora at f/2.8, both at 15mm. There is a youtube url on the aurora sample that will take you to the full time lapse if you're curious.

Pentax K-1 - Shutter Count 24015
-
For condition details see below
Includes:
Two D-LI90 batteries, one original and one aftermarket
Charger (aftermarket)
AC/DC tethered power adapter (aftermarket) that allows you to run the camera off of mains power. I modified the cable with a DC barrel plug to allow an appropriate external battery pack to be tapped in if you're in the field and want more power. I used the camera for lots of time lapses and would run it off of giant aftermarket 8800mAh Sony NP-F style batteries that could run the camera for hours.

Kenko DG P/AF 1.5x Teleplus MC teleconverter
-
Used excellent condition
KAF-mount
Includes:
Caps

Tamron-F AF 2x Pz-AF BBAR MC7 Tele-converter
-
Used excellent condition
KAF2-mount
Includes:
Caps

óó

Optics are all in excellent condition.

K-1 is fully functional, has undergone the following repairs:

1. Mode dial suffered a common failure due to a design fault and was repaired.

2. Outer shutter curtain sustained damage around 14500 actuations. As a replacement was unavailable the original curtain was repaired: the bent vanes were clamped under heat to restore their shape, a small tear in one of the vanes was repaired using an epoxy and the same clamping/heating process. I have racked up 9400 actuations post-repair without issue, and there is no indication of a loss of stability or degradation to the repair. I cannot warrant that it will persist for any specified period, only that to this day the camera has functioned properly and without issue after the repair. The curtain doesn't look pretty from the outside, but as far as the inside is concerned it functions properly.

To reiterate: the asking price already reflects the condition of the camera and is not subject to negotiation. If you are not comfortable with itís status then this isnít the listing for you.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling or Trading

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Subject to quote

Shipping Services
Regular Post (domestic), DHL (Int'l)

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Other (Elaborate)

Return Policy & Additional Details
Payment:
PayPal (Asking price + Shipping + 4% to cover fees) in Canadian dollars. No friends and family. For Canadian buyers you can also choose interac e-transfer (Asking + Shipping). Payment must clear before shipment.

Shipping:
Buyer pays shipping, which will be fully insured for your protection. Domestic shipping via Canada Post; International Shipping with DHL (I have a discounted rate through my work). DHL cannot ship to PO boxes, in which case I will fall back to regular post. Due to a bureaucratic quirk I can only ship Lithium batteries internationally via DHL, so if you're international and require regular post the batteries can't ship with it unfortunately.

Please Note: I will not ship to parcel forwarding services, and I will screen all addresses beforehand.

Returns:
Sold as-is and as-described. I am happy to video-conference over Zoom, etc, to give you a virtual preview and answer any questions you may have.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 13 Pro  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 13 Pro  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 13 Pro  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 13 Pro  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 13 Pro  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 13 Pro  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 13 Pro  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 13 Pro  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 

Last edited by Peril; 06-28-2022 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Sold part of listing
06-21-2022, 02:39 AM   #2
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Are you at all interested in selling the 15-30mm separate?
06-21-2022, 06:06 PM   #3

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bad2thegnome Quote
Are you at all interested in selling the 15-30mm separate?
Yep

I am interested in fair market value however. So Iíll kindly ask you to do some research and report back to me with the best deal you can find anywhere. Cheapest you can find it currently for sale anywhere. Then we have a baseline for negotiation.
06-24-2022, 07:16 AM   #4

Original Poster
Weeeeeeell I guess that’s that.

Everything remains available

06-27-2022, 11:13 AM   #5

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
Sent you email offer for the 15-30.
06-28-2022, 11:23 AM   #6

Original Poster
Lens has sold, camera/teleconverters remain available.
06-28-2022, 09:23 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
Has the listing price been updated?
Do I understand correctly that the asking price is $899 CAD for the K-1 and teles but now without the 15-30mm?

06-29-2022, 06:47 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Yes, he stated that the teles are "freebies".

I don't understand how Pentax would not fix the courtain. It should be the same as the K-1 II which is a current production camera. Is Pentax not supporting the maintenance of their current products? That is very concerning if true.

Still, a K-1 at 699 USD is dangerously close to something I'd be tempted to...
06-29-2022, 05:41 PM   #9

Original Poster
Camera has sold, listing is closed