[SOLD] Katz Eye - Good deal for Canadians

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Cancelled : Katz Eye - Good deal for Canadians

Asking Price
$128 CAD

Item Description
Kats Eye Focusing Screens - Quantity of two pieces - Less then one week old

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition
Used
Mint

Item Location
Southwest Ontario

Shipping Charge
$2

Shipping Services
Canada Post

Shipping Destinations
U.S, U.K, Canada, Australlia

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order Other (Elaborate)

Additional Details
I ordered two Katz Eye focusing screens for my two bodies on December 11th. I received them last week. I installed them both. It's very easy to do. However, I dicovered that manual focusing is not for me. I don't even have any MF lenses after all. I rather use AF. Manual focusing is too much strain for my eyes with and without my glasses. My cost includes their 10% discount, the shipping fee, the GST, the PST, and the $8 post office handling fee. I can produce the receipts upon request. My total cost is $158 CAD. I would be willing to take a $30 loss on each one and let them go for $128 CAD each.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by Stratario; 12-23-2008 at 02:46 PM.
12-22-2008, 07:27 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 37 (100%)
Original Poster
BTW, they are the plain version with no opti Bright coating and no markings.
12-22-2008, 08:40 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Sale is pending on one. One more left.
12-23-2008, 11:18 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 15 (100%)
I've already PM'd interest in the second screen. Just looking for some clarification around >2.8 DOF rendering--but if the KatzEye doesn't, I'm guessing none do? (Short of modding down a scavenged ground class screen from another probably pre-DSL camera).

Also, a bit worried about ONE member (Mitch34's) passing reference to poor external flash P-TTL metering with the KatzEye. (see https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/44163-katzeye-focu...tml#post427607, post 21). I've posted a query on that thread looking for more on this--seems strange that only one person should have what sounds to me like a very serious problem with the KatzEye (much more so than the famous stopping-down issues that get all the attention).

That said, I've seen near-unanimous praise for these screens, and if I don't pull the trigger on this sale, don't let my hesitation on these points above deter someone else from buying. Virtually everyone who buys seems to love it.

12-23-2008, 02:43 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I'm withdrawing the offer of sale at this time to try to use the screens a little longer. Maybe I will get used to them. Sorry fellows who made the offers. I'm cancelling the sale with appologies.