PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax K500 with FA zoom lens

Asking Price
200.00 CAD

Item Location
COURTENAY, BC (Canada)

Item Description
Selling my old emergency/back-up camera, a Pentax k500. If you're not familiar with the model, it's a consumer grade camera based on the k-50. It does not have the weather sealing and it's missing a few of the bells and whistle of the K-50, but a perfectly fine camera none the less:

Pentax K-500 Review - Conclusion | PentaxForums.com Reviews

The camera itself is in good condition, with the exception of the battery door. The door was broken when I bought the camera and it is currently held together with a bit of crazy glue and tape. The battery door seals fine, but it does not 'spring' open when the latch is undone and you need to give it a slight tug in the direction it opens (gently of course). This in no way effects the functionality of the camera - even if the battery door was not there, the battery would stay in place with the battery clip - see photos.

The camera comes with one Pentax battery, one after market battery, one battery charger, an old 2 gig SD card and an old SMC Pentax-FA 28-90mm F3.5-5.6:

SMC Pentax-FA 28-90mm F3.5-5.6 Reviews - FA Zoom Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

I'm not going to candy coat this one - it's not a good lens. It's being included mainly to protect the inside of the camera during shipping as there is no body cap. It will be fine to test the camera with and to get started, but you are going to want to splurge on another lens in the not to distant future if you don't have any already. You can find any number of budget lenses for sale on the forums that would blow this lens out of the water.

shutter count is 10745, so lots of life left in the camera. Everything to get someone started if this is their first camera. For our friends to the south, $200 Canadian is roughly $150 US as of this writing.

Do not hesitate to reach out to me with any questions.

Thanks for looking

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
North America

Shipping Charge
Please ask

Shipping Services
buyer pays, prefer post but flexible

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
No returns, but if there are any issues, please reach out.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
01-28-2023, 11:48 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 5 (100%)
Original Poster
Bump - reasonable offers accepted..
02-06-2023, 01:02 PM   #3

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
HelloIs this camera still available for sale?...or has it been sold?Thank you and good luck
02-06-2023, 06:12 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
The camera is still available. Thanks for checking. You can PM me with any questions or ask them here.

-S.

02-07-2023, 06:53 AM   #5

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Hello,
I like this camera but I don't know if I will find a way to buy it!
...because I am on the other side of the globe in: Iran.
Maybe this is through Iranian travelers who travel to Iran.
Make it possible!
I need to discuss this with a friend of mine in Vancouver, Canada.
I had a question for you and that is: Is the last price for this camera in the condition you described! What is the price?
Your friend
shemshal
02-07-2023, 06:56 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by shemshal Quote
Hello,
I like this camera but I don't know if I will find a way to buy it!
...because I am on the other side of the globe in: Iran.
Maybe this is through Iranian travelers who travel to Iran.
Make it possible!
I need to discuss this with a friend of mine in Vancouver, Canada.
I had a question for you and that is: Is the last price for this camera in the condition you described! What is the price?
Your friend
shemshal
Shemshall - I felt the listed price was fair, but feel free to PM me an offer.

-S.
02-27-2023, 03:18 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Bump - open to offers

03-11-2023, 03:23 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by Asgardian Quote
Bump - open to offers
For Sale: Pentax K500 with FA zoom lensListed: 01-14-23, 08:12 PM Total Price: 200 Currency: CAD Item Location: Canada City or State: COURTENAY, BC Shipping Destinations: North America PentaxForums.com Marketplace ListingItem for SalePentax K500
For Sale: Pentax K500 with FA zoom lensListed: 01-14-23, 08:12 PM Total Price: 200 Currency: CAD Item Location: Canada City or State: COURTENAY, BC Shipping Destinations: North America PentaxForums.com Marketplace ListingItem for SalePentax K50
Hello Asguardian, I've been looking for almost exactly this model of Pentax for my wife! So difficult to find them on Ebay. We live near Montreal, and if the camera is still available I would be willing to purchase it from you.
03-11-2023, 06:19 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by schaste Quote
Hello Asguardian, I've been looking for almost exactly this model of Pentax for my wife! So difficult to find them on Ebay. We live near Montreal, and if the camera is still available I would be willing to purchase it from you.
schaste - yes, it's still available. PM me with your mailing address so I can work out shipping for you.