Feedback Score: 26 (100%)
[SOLD] Panasonic Lumix LX-3 - Virtually New with Accessories

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Panasonic Lumix LX-3 - Virtually New with Accessories

Asking Price
$389

Item Description
Bought this from B&H within the last 30 days, less than 200 shutter actuations, virtually brand new, in box, with all included accessories. I bought this as a complement to my DSLR kit and have decided I want the G10 instead ... the only reason being that the G10 has a built-in viewfinder, and this does not (and I don't want to pay $150++ for a hot shoe mounted voigtlander).

So why buy from me instead of just getting a new one from B&H? Because its as good as new, you'll save $20 over the current price AND I will include an extra battery (third party), a Tiffen polarizer filter, and a (used) 2GB SD card with the camera. (Note that to use the polarizer you'll have to pick up a Panasonic filter adapter, which is one of the regular accessories offered by Panasonic).

The camera itself is great. Full manual control,. Av and Tv modes as well as program and custom settings; shoots, RAW and jpeg; great Leica glass, with fast 2.0 aperture and wide to 20mm; auto, manual and close focus settings, and more. Google the reviews for more info. I really like this camera wide, especially with it set for a 16:9 aspect ratio, and also for its close up mode and interior shots.

Using it outside, however, I just can't get used to/don't like using the LCD screen to compose, focus etc., and have concluded I'll be happier with the G10 instead. So I figured I'd take a shot at selling it here, or offering to trade it for a G10 in similar like new condition.

PM me if interested. I'll post a few pics here soon.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling or Trading

Item Condition
Used
Mint

Item Location
California

Shipping Charge
Free to ConUS (Lower 48)

Shipping Services
USPS

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Additional Details
Will trade for new-ish Canon Powershot G10

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

01-28-2009, 12:10 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 15 (100%)
I got an LX3 for Christmas as a pocketable supplement to my K20D. I wasn't sure if I could live with P&S quality but...

I LOVE THIS CAMERA! Obviously, it's short a viewfinder, and many find 2.5x zoom range in narrow, but the pluses:

-f/2.0 - 2.8 max aperture, coupled with
-very wide 24mm-60mm equiv FOV, captured by a
-quality 10MP sensor, measurably bigger than on most P&S, with
-very effective image stabilization, and
-option of full manual control (exposure and focus)

...adds up to the P&S equivalent of carrying a K10D with a DA*16-50 lens!

OK, people will rip my head off for making that comparison, but honestly the combo of portability, optical quality and low light capability has got me taking pictures all the time, and doing available light photography where I'd never have dreamed of it with a P&S--and where I'd be dubious with a DSLR with fast glass.

Also, the choice of aspect ratio's (available by direct control on a switch on top of the lens barrel) is quite handy. At first I assumed the 3 aspect ratios were a gimmick, and one would be full size & the other 2 cropped (like my old MZ-5 "panorama" cropping on 35mm) but no: you get more horizontal pixels as you shift from 4:3 to 3:2 to 16:9. So I shoot with the aspect ratio that suits the subject, rather than shooting largets file size and cropping as a 2nd step.

If you can stand the snapshot-y nature of them, most of the photos from this set were taken with the LX3

Lieutenant of Inishmore (photoset) | Zooomr Photo Sharing
01-28-2009, 01:31 PM   #3
roy
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 28 (100%)
filters and such??
got my filter adapter for my s7000fuji from HERE for $10 delivered
ck their other prices also
01-28-2009, 01:59 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 30 (100%)
What color is the camera?

01-28-2009, 02:00 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 17 (100%)
PM sent regarding possible trade.
01-28-2009, 02:14 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 26 (100%)
Original Poster
Thanks, David for reccing the LX3 ... it is a fun little unit, and it (or the G10 if I can make that happen) will be great to take along for the occassional restaurant, nightclub or street shot where my DSLR is just a bit too big or intrusive to get the shot I want, or when heading to the beach or other sensor-killing environs!

Bob -- re the camera color -- It's the black version.
01-28-2009, 02:42 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 15 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by EstimatedEyes Quote
Bob -- re the camera color -- It's the black version.
My only regret with this camera is that, because of its staggering popularity, there was nary a black copy to be had come Christmas, so I ended up with the silver version.

If any Canadian happens to see this and has the reverse regret for some reason, I'll swap colours with you.

That's right--COLOURS! WITH A "U"!