Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-29-2009, 09:39 AM   #31

Feedback Score: 18 (100%)
For those not familiar with it, the Tamron SP300 f2.8 is a very fine lens. I have exactly the same outfit with teleconverters and can highly recommend it.

Combined with the Pentax 1.7 AF teleconverter, this makes a very fast autofocus 510mm combination.

01-29-2009, 09:52 AM   #32
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
can I be added to the group of peop[le whoi will see the screw mount list.
01-29-2009, 10:15 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 17 (100%)
I would also be interested in the screw mount list.
01-29-2009, 11:03 AM   #34
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 29 (100%)
Original Poster
Request!!

H i all, I have a few request's if I may and you get this far down in the thread. First off I am not computer literate and I type with 1 finger. I have been a remodling contractor all my life(until november of last year) and this typing is like a nail gun to me,lol so if you would please stick to the items on the list with your private messages I would appriciate it. Peter Has been unbelievable in the help he has given me in managing this all. he must be a great asset to this forum. If you are interested in a lens on the list, email me privately and I will answer. I do not know how to post pics to here and I would rather let peter relax a little. He told me in the begining of all this to post 7-8 items at a time. HAA I knew better,lmao now I am so far behind and confused that it is hard to see out the window 6 feet from me,lol We will post every thing I have here, in the days to come. This is my way of honoring my friend and I am enjoying it. I want you too also!! So email me at my private email address and I will send pics and info as soon as I can right back at you..(16:05 seconds) to type this,lmao Ben

01-29-2009, 11:18 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 61 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by benjamin59 Quote
(16:05 seconds) to type this,lmao Ben
Sorry that it is taking so much time for you to type all this up! It must be exhausting. If you want to make a lens donation to me, I will type for you
01-29-2009, 11:21 AM   #36

Feedback Score: 5 (100%)
He told me in the begining of all this to post 7-8 items at a time. HAA Ben
We tend to get excited when we see so much kit at the same time thanks for taking the time to list all of this, be assured it will go to a good home and will be much enjoyed. best wishes to you and your friends. I will keep an eye on this thread to see what happens; I might be interested in large amount of things depending on my financing and what pops up
01-29-2009, 11:48 AM   #37
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
Sorry about the loss of your friend as well. Please do consider keeping some of this and using it...

BTW, what did the Tamron 300/2.8 go for? I've been looking for one for a while, so if that falls through, let me know...
01-29-2009, 11:52 AM   #38
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 25 (100%)
Benjamin,
My condolences for for the loss of your friend. Good luck with everything.

01-29-2009, 12:00 PM   #39
FA5
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Ben did you get my message yesterday about the flash? It was most likely one of your first messages.

Thanks.
01-29-2009, 12:12 PM   #40
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Feedback Score: 117 (100%)
Ben has told me he is keeping everyones messages in order of which person emailed first. It may take him some time to get back to each person as he's been swamped with requests. Plus he's still trying to sort gear and box stuff for shipping.

Just a note to anyone sending a PM or email. Put the product model # in the subject line if you can and it makes sorting messages easier. Try not to send the same message repeatedly as it just slows things down for him. He's a good guy with a big task ahead of him.
01-29-2009, 01:33 PM   #41
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 29 (100%)
PM sent re: tamron sp 500/8 + imado auto teleconverter 2x
01-29-2009, 02:28 PM   #42
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 24 (100%)
H i all, I have a few request's if I may and you get this far down in the thread. First off I am not computer literate and I type with 1 finger. I have been a remodling contractor all my life(until november of last year) and this typing is like a nail gun to me,lol so if you would please stick to the items on the list with your private messages I would appriciate it. Peter Has been unbelievable in the help he has given me in managing this all. he must be a great asset to this forum. If you are interested in a lens on the list, email me privately and I will answer. I do not know how to post pics to here and I would rather let peter relax a little. He told me in the begining of all this to post 7-8 items at a time. HAA I knew better,lmao now I am so far behind and confused that it is hard to see out the window 6 feet from me,lol We will post every thing I have here, in the days to come. This is my way of honoring my friend and I am enjoying it. I want you too also!! So email me at my private email address and I will send pics and info as soon as I can right back at you..(16:05 seconds) to type this,lmao Ben
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Ben has told me he is keeping everyones messages in order of which person emailed first. It may take him some time to get back to each person as he's been swamped with requests. Plus he's still trying to sort gear and box stuff for shipping.

Just a note to anyone sending a PM or email. Put the product model # in the subject line if you can and it makes sorting messages easier. Try not to send the same message repeatedly as it just slows things down for him. He's a good guy with a big task ahead of him.
I'm sure this is quite a task. And so much great Pentax stuff all in one place at once available and up for offers just has so many of us drooling and hoping. It's like ten years worth of Christmas wish lists for many of us.
Please forgive our eagerness and any lack of consideration we may demonstrate. I think I'll go listen to some records, get off the computer and try to be patient and understanding.
01-29-2009, 04:36 PM   #43
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 12 (100%)
According to the pictures those are 1:2 50mm lenses and not 1:1.2 50mm lenses, no? Have sent a PM about this.

Very sorry to hear about your friend. Quite obviously he loved photography!
01-29-2009, 05:05 PM   #44
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
the 135 f1.8 looks interesting is ti M42 or another screw mount?
01-29-2009, 05:18 PM   #45
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Feedback Score: 117 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
According to the pictures those are 1:2 50mm lenses and not 1:1.2 50mm lenses, no? Have sent a PM about this.

Very sorry to hear about your friend. Quite obviously he loved photography!
rparmar. There is one 1:1.2 K version for sure (see the individual picture above) and Ben showed me pictures of 2. I'll double check. What's confusing is there are also 2 Pentax K mount 1:2 versions as well and are seen in the slide show.

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
the 135 f1.8 looks interesting is ti M42 or another screw mount?
It does Lowell and unfortunately the lens isn't in my hands to test. Ben's not sure and we'll try to figure it out.