Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
[SOLD] Pentax FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited

Asking Price

Item Description
This is the black version. It is in like-new condition and seems to be sharp. It comes with the original packaging and all paperwork. The box is missing the UPC bar code (used for rebate, if I recall).

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition
Used
Like New

Item Location
Sammamish, WA

Shipping Charge

Shipping Services
UPS

Shipping Destinations
United States

Accepted Payment Types
Check/Money Order

Additional Details
I bought this lens in November 2005 from B&H when I was building my Pentax system. I rarely used it however, as I found the focal length inconvenient to my needs. It seems pretty sharp, but I really never had that much experience with it. I stopped using it when I changed over to Canon in November 2006. The lens has been stored in a humidity controlled cabinet for the past two years. If you live in the Seattle area, you are welcome to stop by and try out the lens.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 5D Mark II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX *ist DS  Photo   

Last edited by WeberPoint; 02-02-2009 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Add additional images
02-01-2009, 12:08 AM   #2
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
sold in two minutes? wow. how many of us are just on here all the time constantly clicking refresh.....
02-01-2009, 12:27 AM   #3

Feedback Score: 24 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by greenboy Quote
sold in two minutes? wow. how many of us are just on here all the time constantly clicking refresh.....

Not Sold! still available.... in line for price reduction

Last edited by Tdo0003; 02-01-2009 at 01:12 AM.
02-01-2009, 01:38 AM   #4
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
Any cross border trading?

02-01-2009, 02:04 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
Original Poster
I will ship to BC. Not sure what kind of customs paperwork that I would need, though.
02-01-2009, 06:01 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 26 (100%)
Whatever you do - don't ship it UPS. Go USPS - declare it as a gift - I'd advise declaring the actual value (just in case) - and paying the appropiate insurance, but that is optional as well.
02-01-2009, 06:39 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 15 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by A Modest Mouse Quote
Whatever you do - don't ship it UPS. Go USPS - declare it as a gift - I'd advise declaring the actual value (just in case) - and paying the appropiate insurance, but that is optional as well.
My recent FA*24 purchase from the USA (to Canada) was marked "Gift" but I was still charged Canadian taxes. I don't think I've been charged tax on previous purchases, but they were cheaper. I think even new equipment from stores has gone uncharged for cheapo (off-brand TC) but charged for pricey (DA*16-50). Leaves me suspecting there may be a price threshhold above which they'll charge you, or else it's just inconsistent processing by Canada Border Services, who knows.

But I've never had a US-Canada shipment go astray or be unduly slow (Priority International is typically < 1 week), nor have US shippers ever indicated to me that it was a hassle for them to ship here.

02-01-2009, 07:01 AM   #8
JML
Forum Member

Interested!

PM sent for this lens.
In line for buying or am I the first now?

best regards,

JML
02-01-2009, 07:05 AM   #9
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 14 (100%)
Hi David

Paying duty on items shipped from the US to Canada is simply a crap shoot. Sometimes you pay, sometimes you don't.

I've done a fair number of ebay auctions (~750 buying and selling) and I've only paid duty a handful of times.

c[_]
02-01-2009, 07:33 AM   #10

Feedback Score: 10 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by David Whiteley Quote
My recent FA*24 purchase from the USA (to Canada) was marked "Gift" but I was still charged Canadian taxes. I don't think I've been charged tax on previous purchases, but they were cheaper. I think even new equipment from stores has gone uncharged for cheapo (off-brand TC) but charged for pricey (DA*16-50). Leaves me suspecting there may be a price threshhold above which they'll charge you, or else it's just inconsistent processing by Canada Border Services, who knows.

But I've never had a US-Canada shipment go astray or be unduly slow (Priority International is typically < 1 week), nor have US shippers ever indicated to me that it was a hassle for them to ship here.
Yes, threshold is $60 Canadian. For anything getting close to C$60 (given some exchange rate error), you'd better go with USPS. UPS charge brokerage fee around $40 for item worth less than $100. Canada Post (USPS) only charge $4 for first class or $8 for priority. If you claim the item somewhere like $20, UPS is a better choice.
02-01-2009, 07:34 AM   #11

Feedback Score: 10 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by ll_coffee_lP Quote
Hi David

Paying duty on items shipped from the US to Canada is simply a crap shoot. Sometimes you pay, sometimes you don't.

I've done a fair number of ebay auctions (~750 buying and selling) and I've only paid duty a handful of times.

c[_]
You don't pay duty for any photography gear, neither new nor second hand.

What you paid is Canadian sales tax, which is GST and PST.
02-01-2009, 08:06 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 39 (100%)
Was I imaginining late last night, around 2am, about seeing a 77mm f1.8 for $450?

I am not after it, but am curious to see who may have gotten it but I can't even find the thread!

Just one bourbon drink could not have done that. Anyway, a free bump otherwise.
02-01-2009, 09:00 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 34 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by EsBee Quote
Was I imaginining late last night, around 2am, about seeing a 77mm f1.8 for $450?
No you weren't, otherwise we'd be hallucinating in sync

free bump
02-02-2009, 07:05 AM   #14
JML
Forum Member

Help wanted to buy this lens,

Hello fellow members on this Forum,

I would like to buy this lens and the owner would like to sell it to me also, wasn't it for the fact that I can pay only by Paypal and I live in Erope.
Unfortunately seller Weberpoint can will only accept cheques and is not in the circumstances to ship to Europe as he says.

Is there anybody from the US who would buy this lens for me and than ship it to Europe?
Ofcourse I'll pay you back and send you something for the effort, .

Thanks for any help, .

Friendly greetings,

JML
02-02-2009, 10:51 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 15 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by JML Quote
Hello fellow members on this Forum,

I would like to buy this lens and the owner would like to sell it to me also, wasn't it for the fact that I can pay only by Paypal and I live in Erope.
Unfortunately seller Weberpoint can will only accept cheques and is not in the circumstances to ship to Europe as he says.

Is there anybody from the US who would buy this lens for me and than ship it to Europe?
Ofcourse I'll pay you back and send you something for the effort, .

Thanks for any help, .

Friendly greetings,

JML
At first I thought: "It would take a very generous person to go through the trouble" but then I realized:

What a great way to get a bit of time to spend with a 31 Ltd!!!

JML, if you're OK with the middleperson taking a few shots while the 31 is in their hands, that might be a real incentive. I myself would love to do some comparison shooting between my 24/2, 16-50 and a 31 to decide if I want to take the plunge. Unfortunately, living in Canada, the shipping and taxes (sure no duty, but yeah almost certainly taxes) wouldn't make it viable (unless that "something for the effort" you're offering, JML, is pretty huge--but in that case you're up to "might as well buy new" rates). But sounds like a great opportunity for someone!

DW