Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-06-2009, 07:40 PM   #1

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
[SOLD] DA 50-200mm, B&W Polarizer, B&W Step Up Ring

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

UPDATE - Wanted to give a heads up on what could be a great deal for someone. These items are now up for auction via Ebay. I have them listed with No Reserve - meaning that they could be sold at a great price. At the moment of this update none of the bids have reached $2 plus shipping.

* Pentax DA 50-200 Lens - Optically this has been one of my favorite lenses. This is a great copy of this lens and I've taken many great pics with it. Part of the paint on the label - "AX" in PENTAX has been worn away. This can be seen in the photo below. Obviously this is just cosmetic, but thought it should be mentioned. The lens is in excellent shape - no scratches.

Was asking - $125. Now no reserve on Ebay - SOLD

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=200308010492

* B&W 52mm Kaeseman Circular Polarizer Multi-Resistant Coating Slim - Sells for approx. $128 at many online sites. Great quality polarizer. Only used a few times. No scratches - like new. Comes with cap and plastic case.

Was asking $95. Now no reserve on Ebay - SOLD

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=200308499598

* B&W Step Up Ring. 49mm (lens) to 52mm (filter). Almost new. I used this ring so that I could add a 52mm polarizer to my 49mm FA 50 1.4. Only used once.

Was asking $17. Now no reserve on Ebay - SOLD

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=200308499598

PayPal is preferred. Please let me know if any questions. The auction ends in just a few days.

Last edited by camperguy01; 02-16-2009 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Updated selling information
02-13-2009, 12:45 PM   #2

Original Poster
On Ebay - No Reserve!

Items are now up for auction on Ebay. Updated original posting.
02-14-2009, 01:32 PM   #3

Original Poster
Looks like I might have messed up....

Bump.

All 3 items still haven't hit $2 on Ebay. 1 day left on the lens and 2 days on the polarizer.

2 things I won't do again -
  • Put an item up at "No Reserve"
  • Forget to put the brand name in the title

I forgot to put "Pentax" in the title. If you do an Ebay search for Pentax DA 50-200 the item doesn't show - No wonder there hasn't been much interest. Ebay won't let me modify the title.

Looks like I might be taking a bath on the lens and polarizer.
02-14-2009, 02:36 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
If I may comment:

Not putting Pentax in the title, yeah that's a killer. Consider that a bad fluke, but hopefully you won't take a bath on this one.

As to never doing "No Reserve" again, I for one often stay away from auctions with reserves. Bidding in some of these auctions can really take a lot of time and effort, and going through that whole process only to not hit the reserve price can be very frustrating and is a real turnoff to a lot of people. It has happened to me recently where a very fair end price did not hit the reserve, and I wasted my time bidding. If you won't sell it for less than $79, then set the start price for $79 so bidders know what they're getting into. That said, I find ebay bidders like low starting bids, and no reserve, and the rest usually takes care of itself positively for the Seller.

Well anyway, just my .02 cents. Good luck with the auctions.

02-15-2009, 06:46 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by camperguy01 Quote
Bump.

I forgot to put "Pentax" in the title. If you do an Ebay search for Pentax DA 50-200 the item doesn't show - No wonder there hasn't been much interest. Ebay won't let me modify the title.

Looks like I might be taking a bath on the lens and polarizer.
Looks like you did ok on your Ebay auction, went higher than the last DA 50-200 I saw sell on this site.
02-15-2009, 08:39 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bdann Quote
Looks like you did ok on your Ebay auction, went higher than the last DA 50-200 I saw sell on this site.
Yea I guess it all turned out ok. I was pretty nervous there for a bit. I know it's typical for items to jump up the closer it gets towards the end but usually there's SOME movement beforehand.

Thanks much -

Step up ring is also sold. Just have the polarizer to go. That ends tomorrow.