Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2009, 08:26 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 40 (100%)
[SOLD] Pentax PZ-1 Film Camera

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax PZ-1 Film Camera

Asking Price
75.00 plus actual shipping -
$14.75 USPS Priority, Delivery Confirmation, Insured
$11.02 USPS Parcel Post, Delivery Confirmation, Insured

Item Description
This camera is in very good condition. All functions work correctly. Meter is accurate, auto-focus operates in single and servo mode, manual focus works correctly, all modes are operational. In short, this camera functions flawlessly in all of its myriad modes. There are some signs of use in that the non-textured portions of the body show some very slight scratches, and there is a small scratch on the LCD which is hard to see. However, there are no serious dings, dents, scratches or cracks anywhere on this body and it is ready to give long and reliable service. I personally like the camera very much, but for film I have adopted the ZX-5n amd ZX-M bodies. This one does not get enough use for me to keep it out of circulation.

Camera comes with newer battery, body cap and strap. On the latter, I'd be willing to trade this strap for a ZX-series strap which is wider. Please feel free to ask questions. Thanks for looking.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition
Used
Mint

Item Location
New England, US

Shipping Charge
Actual -
$14.75 USPS Priority, Delivery Confirmation, Insured
- or - $11.02 USPS Parcel Post, Delivery Confirmation, Insured

Shipping Services
USPS

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order

Additional Details
Shipping will be actual shipping. I can quote cost upon request. Will ship priority or parcel post, delivery confirmation, insured unless specifically waived by buyer.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by woof; 02-22-2009 at 02:44 PM.
02-24-2009, 05:53 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Original Poster
bump

woof!
02-25-2009, 08:00 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 32 (100%)
Free bump.

Camera looks lovely. Near perfect condition.
02-27-2009, 11:40 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
one... last... bump... must... avoid... ebay...

Thanks for looking. Surprised no-one is interested. Welcome to make offers... offers of trade...

Seaain

02-27-2009, 11:48 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by woof Quote
one... last... bump... must... avoid... ebay...

Thanks for looking. Surprised no-one is interested. Welcome to make offers... offers of trade...

Seaain
I'm interested but if my wife finds out that I bought a FILM camera so soon after my bout with LBA, .................................

Then again, the film cameras that I have aren't autofocus. Hmmm
02-27-2009, 01:33 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by calicojack Quote
I'm interested but if my wife finds out that I bought a FILM camera so soon after my bout with LBA, .................................

Heh... CJ, I hear that. Here is my observation on that issue, which you must trust me to truly understand:

Not only does it act like a K10D/K20D in that it has two dials, but it is a passable clone in terms of the overall look. Very stealthy.

As long as Batman is never in the room with Bruce, she'll never know the difference... heh...

woof!
02-27-2009, 01:51 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)

just say it is a back up for your DSLR, after all that is exactly what my PZ-1 is.

every lens I own except my sigma 10-20 is full frame, there is a reason for that.

02-27-2009, 02:47 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 35 (100%)
what are the doffrences between this and the PZ-1P?
02-27-2009, 05:27 PM   #9
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
what are the doffrences between this and the PZ-1P?
There were a few changes.

PZ-1p has:

1. MLU. It may have been first to use the 2-sec. timer for this purpose;

2. Manual metering indicator upgraded from over/under (+ -) diode lights to a precision bar graph with 1/3 stop increments in viewfinder and LCD panel;

3. 4 FPS continuous shooting instead of 3 FPS;

4. Wider built-in flash coverage - to 28mm instead of 35mm;

5. some functions taken out of menus and put into on-camera controls;

6. improved user-programmable options for instant switching;

7. Viewfinder and LCD panel info were re-designed.

8. Price...

PZ-1 has

1. Interval shooting which was absent on the PZ-1p

2. I found that the ZX-M split focus screen fits the PZ-1 and can be used for manual lenses. This body does not have that "upgrade." The PZ-1P screen is different and this cannot be done to it.
02-28-2009, 06:49 AM   #10
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by woof Quote
Heh... CJ, I hear that. Here is my observation on that issue, which you must trust me to truly understand:

Not only does it act like a K10D/K20D in that it has two dials, but it is a passable clone in terms of the overall look. Very stealthy.

As long as Batman is never in the room with Bruce, she'll never know the difference... heh...

woof!
Well, she's also a Pentaxian (though not as dedicated as I am).
I bet she would catch on instantly when I have a roll of film to be developed and I can't put it in my SD card reader!
02-28-2009, 10:26 AM   #11
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Well, she's also a Pentaxian (though not as dedicated as I am).
I bet she would catch on instantly when I have a roll of film to be developed and I can't put it in my SD card reader!
I was kind of kidding, but I see your point.

My wife usually has no idea. I have film cameras, digital cameras, black cameras and silver cameras. She's quite a smart cookie, but for some reason the way she 'sees' things is in terms of similarities. The funny part of this is that the first time the PZ-1 did a film rewind in front of her she caught on. I literally saw the thought process... furrowed brow... raised eyebrows, eye contact... "is that a FILM camera? I haven't seen THAT one before..."

I hope you didn't take offense. I was of course just trying to be funny.
woof!
03-02-2009, 05:47 PM   #12
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Off to eBay.

Pentax PZ-1 Film Camera EXC - eBay (item 200316119631 end time Mar-09-09 17:36:43 PDT)

Thanks.

Seaain