Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-23-2009, 12:52 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 15 (100%)
[SOLD] KAF Tokina AT-X Pro 80-200mm 1:2.8 + FREEBIES!

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
KAF Tokina AT-X Pro 80-200mm 1:2.8 + FREEBIES!

Asking Price
$580 USD / $725 CAD Shipped SOLD!

Item Description
After much buying through the marketplace, I'm finally making my first sale.

My Toki 80-200 did stalwart service as a fast, sharp (sharper than my SMC 135/2.5!), all-purpose long zoom for the past year, but I've expanded into the DA* longs and it's time to let this one go.

I picked up this beauty from a forum member for $775 CAD before the new Tammy and Sigma fast zooms were available. I've kept it in the very good condition it came to me (glass is clear & scratch free & cosmetics are very good other than indicated scuffs--see photos in link), and I'd like to get most of that value back. But I realize a mere $60 off new B&H/Adorama price for the Tammy won't sound very attractive. But here's what you get:

--Over either Tammy or Sigma: fabulous rugged all-metal build
--Over Tammy: aperture dial (!)
--Over Sigma: screw-drive AF (which people are discovering can be an advantage over the not-so-fast, perhaps-prone-to-dying SDM AF)

It's clean, sharp, focuses fast and is built to last. But that's not all! It comes with:

-Hood, front & rear caps, UV filter and 2 count 'em 2 leather carrying boxes
-Your choice of one of the following FREEBIES I can't be bothered to sell on their own (yes, some are worth more than others--go for whatever's worth most to you):

--Pentax FA 28-70/4 fast focuser; sharp mid-range zoom, good shape
--Pentax M 50/2 in nice clean shape
--Pentax A 50/2 ditto
--Tamron CF Tele Macro 80-210 f/3.8-4 (Adaptall-2 without adapter, but with leather carrying case)
--Sigma 70-300 APO Macro (pre-DG version, AF)
--Soligor 19-35 f/3.5-4.5 MF (full frame coverage super-wide)
--Vivitar automatic teleconverter 2x22 (PK mount)
--Pentax SMC 135/2.5 with sticky aperture, small dent in filter ring
--Pentax MZ-5 in need of cleaning (last used in Namib desert, where it produced some streaking on film & some frames kissed slightly) + MZ-5n for parts (Forgot to get this into the group shot of freebies)

Photos of Toki, of freebies, and shots taken with Toki, all at full res and with no pp, here:

Tokina AT-X Pro 80-200mm 1:2.8 (photoset) | Zooomr Photo Sharing

Finally, fair warning: the Tokina is prone to PF; the images taken with the lens at the link above show how it can manage in bright sun with sky or water, which I think ain't so bad--but it can get bad if you aren't careful.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling or Trading

Item Condition
Used
Excellent (at least glass Excellent -- a couple scuffs on body might make it more "Good"; check out the photos)

Item Location
Ottawa/Gatineau, Canada

Shipping Charge
Included!

Shipping Services
Canada Post - Xpress Post

Shipping Destinations
North America (possibly worldwide with additional shipping charge)

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order Other suggestions? Email money transfer (within Canada)?

Additional Details
Will consider shipping elsewhere, but as this is my first sale and I don't have experience with which overseas destinations might cause trouble with shipping, I'd prefer to find a North American buyer--ideally within Canada! But if interested, give me a shout.

I'm willing to negotiate on price, but I'd like to start by seeing if anyone regards this freebie-laden package OK as is. If I go down, I'd prefer to do it by adding more freebies (i.e. more than one of those bonus lenses) than reducing the price.

Oh, and if offering a trade...I'm always tempted by fast glass (I have no FA Limiteds!). Though taxes on gear coming in from countries other than Canada might blunt the attraction of trades.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by David Whiteley; 02-23-2009 at 09:30 PM.
02-23-2009, 01:00 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 58 (100%)
This is a lens a lot of pros swear by, with superb optics & build quality. If I didn't already have a Tammy, I'd probably be getting this...
02-23-2009, 01:44 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 16 (100%)
PM sent thanks.
02-23-2009, 02:06 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 15 (100%)
Original Poster
PM replied. Sale pending. That was easy!

02-23-2009, 04:42 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 67 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by David Whiteley Quote
That was easy!
Don't see these come up in KAF mount very often.