Feedback Score: 14 (100%)
[SOLD] Pentax Spotmeter V with Zone VI holster

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax Spotmeter V with Zone VI holster

Asking Price
$129 or reasonable offer

Item Description
I have owned this meter for about 20 years, and it is currently languishing in my unused equipment case.

Overall condition is excellent. There are very few signs of wear, except for the filter ring as noted below. The battery compartment is clean and free of corrosion. The currently installed batteries are weak, and will need to be replaced (three S76 required). The scale illumination light does not work (possibly due to the weak batteries, I don’t recall it not working in the past). The filter ring has a ding, and I don’t know if a filter will still screw onto it. I’ve only ever held filters up to it to meter through them, and can’t imagine why you would buy a set just to fit the meter!

I compared the meter readings to the spotmeter in my K10D, and they agree with each other in low, medium, and bright conditions.

Included is a Zone VI holster. It is very nicely constructed of thick catchers mitt type leather, and looks indestructible. Why don’t companies make products like this anymore?

The original metal lens cap is also included.

My pricing is based on others I found for sale. KEH has one in EX condition with the illumination button not working for $149. Mine is in the same condition, and includes the holster. Reasonable offers will be entertained, of course. Paypal and CONUS only, please.

I offer a 7 day money back guarantee, minus shipping. I am mycarsoots on ebay, so you can confirm my 100% rating.

Thanks for looking!

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition
Used
Excellent

Item Location
Simpsonville, SC USA

Shipping Charge
$10

Shipping Services
USPS

Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Additional Details
7 day money back guarantee, minus shipping.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

Last edited by mycarsoots; 02-28-2009 at 07:51 AM. Reason: price reduction
02-25-2009, 03:44 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Original Poster
So I know this is February, but you have to start thinking about your costume for Halloween!

How's this for an idea? Get a black cape, an 8x10 view camera with a sturdy wood tripod, BUY THIS SPOTMETER, and put on a fake white beard. Voila....you are Ansel Adams!

Why, yes I am taking painkillers, how did you know?
02-28-2009, 07:52 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Price reduction bump.....now $129
04-07-2009, 06:54 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
a rare little bump........

04-07-2009, 10:09 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 46 (100%)
I always wanted one of these back in my pre-Spotmatic days when they were REALLY useful, but I couldn't afford one. Recently got one at a price similiar to this one and I use it MUCH more than I thought I would. Especially useful with telephoto lenses and macro stuff. Not because I have to, but because it's so convenient when working on a tripod or with other fixed camera situations.

In-camera metering is great, but I'm learning more about exposure by playing with this . It's especially effecient for zone metering.

If you ever wanted one of these and can afford one now you won't regret it. And you can resell it at about the same price with patience and the right marketing after you squeeze it for all you can learn.

My low scale light doesn't work either and it hasn't been an issue. Battery voltage shows OK, so this may just be an age effect. One of these days I'll see about opening the unit to repair or replace the light.

H2