Feedback Score: 32 (100%)
[SOLD] Pentax AF-540FGZ Flash

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax AF-540FGZ Flash

Asking Price
$250 USD

Item Description
For sale is a Pentax AF-540FGZ flash unit, purchased new in 2008. It is in very good condition other than two minor scratched areas, accompanying photos show the detail. Included is the original box, case, stand and operating manual. Also included is a Stofen Omni-Bounce.
I will gladly ship to Canada, however, last time I found that the USPS cannot do tracking confirmation when shipping outside of the U.S. Therefore the UPS / Fed-Ex option. And, if that is the case, I would also need your telephone number as well as address, per shipping requirements.
I am fairly new to Marketplace sales. My last sale was to DeMarp who can hopefully vouch for me! Thanks for looking.
Paul

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition
Used
Good

Item Location
Michigan, United States

Shipping Charge
additional

Shipping Services
UPS, Fed-Ex, USPS

Shipping Destinations
North America

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Additional Details
If shipping outside U.S., Fed-Ex or UPS will be used to ensure shipping confirmation.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

03-02-2009, 05:01 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 11 (100%)
USPS does do trackable international shipping

QuoteOriginally posted by NeverSatisfied Quote
PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item Description
I will gladly ship to Canada, however, last time I found that the USPS cannot do tracking confirmation when shipping outside of the U.S. Therefore the UPS / Fed-Ex option. And, if that is the case, I would also need your telephone number as well as address, per shipping requirements.
As far as USPS international shipping tracking is available via Priority Mail, Express Mail & Global Express. I have used Priority Mail that is registered, trackable and insured several times buying item from here and Ebay. My last uneventful (very smooth transaction) was buying some lens from Albert Siegel in this forum. They arrived yesterday :-) So please do "not" exclude USPS as a method when selling to us folks that are not on the north american continent :-)

Last edited by David Glazebrook; 03-03-2009 at 02:44 PM. Reason: typo
03-02-2009, 05:12 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 40 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by David Glazebrook Quote
So please do exclude USPS as a method when selling to us folks that are not on the north american continent :-)
You mean "please do not exclude...."?

If so, I agree. All of my lenses sold to people outside US were shipped USPS Priority International. For an item like a lens or a flash unit, the postage cost to most parts of the world is about $30, plus a few $ for insurance (e.g. $4.30 for $200). Delivery time is 6 - 10 days.

Last Christmas, my company had about 50 small packages sent to customers overseas. I brought them to a USP shipping store, willing to pay whatever they would charge me. The nice guy there told me that I should bring them to USPS - it was cheaper, faster, and less hassle. He was right.
03-03-2009, 01:23 PM   #4

Feedback Score: 10 (100%)
interested

pm sent. i could use the extra power...

03-03-2009, 07:45 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 32 (100%)
Original Poster
[QUOTE=SOldBear;510067]You mean "please do not exclude...."?

If so, I agree. All of my lenses sold to people outside US were shipped USPS Priority International. For an item like a lens or a flash unit, the postage cost to most parts of the world is about $30, plus a few $ for insurance (e.g. $4.30 for $200). Delivery time is 6 - 10 days.

QUOTE]

Ah, well there's the rub: I had agreed to pay for shipping before finding out the buyer's exact location, thinking it wouldn't make "much" difference! $30 bucks (or so) out of *my* pocket was a little steep, and in that case UPS was only about half. But if I wanted tracking from USPS, it was the pricier of the two options. Just my experience, hey who knows, maybe the Postal employee at my branch doesn't know what they're talking about...