Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-03-2009, 11:17 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 19 (100%)
[SOLD] Bogen/Manfrotto Mini Ball Head, Quick Release System, and Tripod Strap

SOLD

For sale -- Bogen/Manfrotto Medium Ball Head, Quick Release System, and Tripod Strap.

1. Bogen/Manfrotto Medium Ball Head Model 3262.

In the title of the post I called this a "Mini" Ball Head, but Manfrotto called it a "Medium Ball Head."This is a fine small ball head for use with an SLR with a small to medium size lens, or any point and shoot camera. It is rated for 8.8 lbs. It is all-metal with a cast aluminum body, mounting platform and handle, and steel hardware. The ball appears to be brass. The head will mount on either a 1/4" x 20 tripod thread or a 3/8" x 16 thread, and it includes a spring-loaded reducer bushing right in the base. The camera mount is also either a 1/4" x 20 thread or a 3/8" x 16 thread, and it also includes a spring-loaded reducer bushing right in the camera mount. The 3/8" x 16 thread is great if you want to use the quick release adapter system listed below (which is how I used it). Condition is "EX-" with perfect operation of the head. There is one small spot of paint loss on the handle, some marks on the cork camera mount platform (no chipping or peeling), and some minor paint loss around the bottom tripod mount socket. (The other light spots in the photos are just reflections.) A nice little head when you want to travel light with a small tripod, body and a few prime lenses or lighter zooms.

This product is discontinued, and the closest current product is the Manfrotto 484 Mini Ball head. In my opinion the current product is not as good, as it doesn't include the built-in bushings allowing either 1/4" x 20 or 3/8" x 16 on both the camera mount and the trip attachment. The current product sells for $45:

Manfrotto by Bogen Imaging | 484 Mini Ball Head | 484 | B&H

I am selling this ball tripod head for $20 plus shipping.

2. Bogen/Manfrotto Model 354 quick release adapter (base clamp) with two RC4 Manfrotto quick release plates.

This adapter allows the quick attachment and release of a camera from a tripod head without screwing and unscrewing the mounting bolt. It is a tremendous convenience and I would never use a tripod without a quick release. This adapter is all metal and very stable, with a cast aluminum base and plate, and a brass locking mechanism. Operation is very reliable and positive with no wiggle or movement of the camera. There is no chance or accidental release as you must push the lever in as you slide it to the side to release the lock. It attaches to the head with either a 1/4" x 20 thread or a 3/8" x 16 thread via two separate machined threads in the base.

It works perfectly and I have used it successfully with both cameras and small telescopes. Condition is Very Good with a few minor nicks and spots of paint loss, and a some paint loss around the bottom mounting holes.

This product is discontinued, and the closest current product is the Manfrotto 394 "Rapid Connect 4 Low Profile Adapter with 3271 (RC4) Plate." The only difference is that the new product has a bubble level. The current product sells for $45:

Manfrotto by Bogen Imaging | 394 Rapid Connect 4 Quick | 394

I am including TWO Manfrotto RC4 plates: one older plate with a cork base and a 1/4" x 20 camera mount screw, and an almost new plate with a rubber base and both a 1/4" x 20 screw and a 3/8" x 16 screw. The older plate is in Very Good condition with just one small spot of paint loss and some wear to the cork (no chipping or peeling). The new plate is in excellent ++ condition with no visible signs of use. The RC4 plates sell for $16 new:

Manfrotto by Bogen Imaging | 410PL Quick Release Plate - | 410PL

The price for the adapter plus the two plates is $28 plus shipping.

3. Bogen/Manfrotto shoulder strap for Bogen/Manfrotto tripods.

This is a fabric strap with a bolt and D-ring on one end, and a loop on the other. The screw attaches to the screw thread on the top of many Bogen/Manfrotto tripods, and the loop goes around the legs of the tripod. YOU MUST HAVE A BOGEN/MANFROTTO WITH THE SCREW THREADS ON THE TRIPOD TO USE THIS STRAP. Condition of the strap is EX- with some tarnish on the zinc-plated hardware. The fabric itself is in excellent condition with no fraying, no loose or damaged threads, and little signs of use.

Similar straps from Manfrotto sell for $16:

Manfrotto by Bogen Imaging | 440STRAP (3045) | 440STRAP/111

The price for this strap is $6 plus shipping.

If you want everything, the price is $45. Buy two out of three and take 10% off the total.

I purchased all of the items new. The photos show the actual items to be sold. Check my feedback here and on eBay (user: garyml1) and buy with confidence!

I will ship all items to the U.S. via U.S.P.S. Priority Mail. It will cost me $8.30 to ship a single item, so that is what you pay for a single item. Buy two or all three and I will charge just $10 for shipping. Insurance is extra.

I will ship Canada, Europe or Australia but you will have to pay the actual shipping costs. I don't know whether it is worth it to pay for international shipping on these low value items; that is for you to decide. Please do not ask me to estimate the cost of international shipping: go to the U.S. Postal Service Web site and calculate the shipping for a 2 lbs. package from San Diego, California (92101) to your destination.

SALES TERMS: PLEASE READ BEFORE AGREEING TO BUY

I guarantee that the item works as described and I will refund your money if it does not meet the description or is defective (other than shipping damage). You must notify me within THREE DAYS of receipt of the item if there is a problem. THE BUYER IS RESPONSIBLE TO INSURE COMPATIBILITY WITH THE INTENDED APPLICATION. I am an individual seller so I can't accept returns. Please note that I cannot be responsible for shipping damage or loss: you can purchase shipping insurance to protect against this loss.

Payment by PayPal is preferred, but I will accept a U.S. Postal Service money order. Buyer must contact seller within one day of close of the deal to confirm payment method and amount (if shipping is not to Continental U. S.). If international shipping is requested, please confirm the cost with me before sending payment. Payment must be received within 3 days (PayPal) or 7 days (Money Order) from the close of auction or else item will be re-listed and negative feedback will be posted.

Please send a Private Message if interested.

Last edited by GaryML; 03-09-2009 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Sold-deleted photos
03-03-2009, 12:54 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
I'm not familiar with this concept, though I think I get it: quick release adapter (base clamp)

This would screw onto say the ball head you're selling, the camera screws onto the plate, and then you can separate the camera from tripod by removing the plate?
03-03-2009, 01:24 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
I'm not familiar with this concept, though I think I get it: quick release adapter (base clamp)

This would screw onto say the ball head you're selling, the camera screws onto the plate, and then you can separate the camera from tripod by removing the plate?
Exactly. The adapter is the base that screws onto the tripod head. The plate screws into the camera bottom. You leave the base on the tripod head and the plate on the camera. When you want to use the camera on the tripod, the base and the plate snap together instantly. To remove the camera, push the button on the base's lever and push the lever to the side and the plate instantly comes off. Much more convenient than screwing the tripod mounting in to attach and unscrewing to remove the camera. And much less wear and tear on the camera.

Many new tripod head have the quick release adapter built into the head. This adapter adds the feature to a tripod head that doesn't have the feature. Either way, you need to have a plate for each camera you want to use with the quick release.
03-04-2009, 10:13 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Lowered price for multiple items and corrected description.

Last edited by GaryML; 03-04-2009 at 10:18 AM.