Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
[SOLD] Olympus OM lenses

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Olympus OM lenses

Asking Price
$50

Item Description

I am wanting to sell 3 lenses for Olympus OM. I can't find any good forums like this for Olympus fans to list them on. Any suggestions? If anyone reading this is interested in OM lenses, let me know, and I'll post the details.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition
Used
Excellent

Item Location
Ann Arbor, Michigan

Shipping Charge
??

Shipping Services
??

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Additional Details
Soligor 90-230, OM 50/1.8, 2x TC Kentar

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

03-12-2009, 06:45 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 15 (100%)
I think someone once suggested to me for my OM lenses... I forget the name. A manual focus lens forum, anyway. I've looked for Oly equivalent too and haven't found one with an active marketplace like this one. Unfortunate, as I hear those OM lenses are going for good prices now.

Anyhow, there are a few people on this forum with converted camera or lens mounts, putting OM's on their Pentax cameras. You could specify your lenses here and they might sell. Worth a shot.

I'll be curious to hear if anyone does know of an Oly forum with an active marketplace, so please post publicly or PM me (too).
03-12-2009, 07:20 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 46 (100%)
I don't have an answer for Oly sales, but this is how I solved the problem. Quoted from about a year ago on 'the other' forum.

The mount was intentionally left just a little thick with the intention of having the effect of a slight close-up adapter effect to reduce the focus range for backyard bird shots.

------------------------------
A while back I acquired a Tamron 300/5.6 prime in the hopes that it was a mislabeled Adaptall mount. Nope, it was a 'hard-wired' Olympus OM mount. I'd also acquired a bargain Tamron Adaptall 70-150/3.5 that turned out to have a bad case of fungus and had a spare P/K adapter layin' around. (They were cheap - if you haven't noticed, non-DI lenses for other brands are dirt cheap now. Thanks Pentax.)

Last night ( 'Round about Midnight - thanks T Monk & J Coltrane ) it occurred to me that a salvage project might be possible. The sex-change operation wasn't recorded on CCD for fear of frightening the faint of heart but an hour later there was a newborn hermaphrodite lens on the table.
- Yes, there were a few parts left over.
- Reassembly involved epoxy glue as the mount screw holes don't line up.
- No, reversal wasn't contemplated.

- I had no expectations for the new focus range but hoped it would at least be usable at one end or t'other.

- I was prepared to hard mount an extension ring to achieve some useful macro function if necessary.
( Should I do this in installments, or do you want to know the outcome now?)

I ended up with a fine 450/f5.6 squirrel-shooter. (Sorry Festus - nuthin' personal.) The first impressions are:
- Focus range is about 7 - 150 feet (say, 2 - 50 meters)
- F 5.6 - 22 / manual exposure and focus of course.
- Comparitive IQ is better than the Tamron 70-300 above 250mm.
- CF is not noticeable so far.
- Haven't tried it with a 2X flat-field Tamron TC or extension rings yet.

"DIYCLBA - Do It Yourself Cheap LBA" / sumthun from nuthun, the finest kind.

Regards, H2
03-12-2009, 09:58 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 38 (100%)
I have sold a few over the past year or two -- mostly on www.apug.org since folks there do all manner of film photography. I have an Oly -- what lenes are you selling?

03-12-2009, 02:37 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Here are my OM lenses for sale:

1. F.Zuiko Auto S 50mm f1.8 has 49mm threaded rubber hood included ($50)

2. Soligor 90-230mm f4.5 Auto Zoom ($40)

3 Kentar 2X TC with case. ($50)

I've seen all 3 of these items listed for higher prices on e-bay, but whether that's what they sell for is the ???. If these prices seem unreasonable, make me a reasonable offer.

All these lenses appear to be in mint condition. They are clean, spotless, and show no wear. They belonged to my dad, I've never used them, so I can't attest to their IQ. I've read that some really like their 50/1.8s.

I'd say add another $10 for shipping and Pay Pal fees.

If all 3 are sold together ($125), I'll even waive the shipping and Pay Pal fees.

Again, make a reasonable offer if these prices seem off the mark.
Attached Images

03-12-2009, 04:04 PM   #6

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
go to: forum.fourthirdsphoto.com

Great place for all things Oly!
03-12-2009, 06:50 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks, but 4/3s forum charges $35/yr membership in order to post an ad
03-12-2009, 08:22 PM   #8
Site Supporter