Feedback Score: 13 (100%)
[SOLD] Pentax AF 540 FGZ Flash

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax AF 540 FGZ Flash

Asking Price
$230 US

Item Description
I bought this flash a few months ago from a fellow forum member and I don't use it enough to justify keeping it.

I only need an on board flash and this one does not feel as stable as my smaller AF 360 FGZ on my K10D. The weight of it doesn't seem to work as well with my DA* 16-50mm either.

I don't need the swivel because I don't do much indoor photography- I do literally no portraiture- and the AF 360 is powerful enough for my macro work.

This flash has been well-cared for, by both the original owner, and myself, and shows almost no signs of use.

However, the small mounting pin (the little metal piece that goes in and out as you twist the clamp on the foot), was apparently greased by the original owner to keep it from getting stuck in the hot shoe (a known issue for AF 540s)- and everything still works perfectly, but the clamp does not seem to grip my K10D's Hot Shoe bracket-thing as tightly as my AF 360.

I'm not sure if this is normal for the 540, since I've never seen another one, and it DOES clamp down very tightly on the provided flash stand... it's still a mystery to me.

If something is in fact wrong with it, my guess is that it would be an easy fix, but honestly, it hasn't affected my use of the flash in any way, but I want to make sure that any potential purchasers are aware of this issue.

I've tested the 540 onboard, wirelessly as the master and slave, and at all focal lengths that my DA lenses are capable of and I'd love to keep it, but I just don't have the need at this point in time (I can't see myself shooting indoors, doing portraiture, or using off-camera flashes, it's just not my thing...) so hopefully someone else out there is looking for one of these guys!

The Flash comes with it's original manual and stand- that's all I got from the original owner. I will package it up very securely and you will pay for actual shipping (+ insurance if you want it...)

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling or Trading

Item Condition
Used
Good

Item Location
Southern CA, USA

Shipping Charge
Actual Shipping

Shipping Services
USPS

Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Additional Details
I will consider trading the flash + cash for a Pentax 12-24mm f/4, or maybe something else interesting, like a wide angle FA lens for my MZ-3. Also considering a Battery Grip for the K10D. I'm open to other offers as well!

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Photos here:

Last edited by Hannican; 03-18-2009 at 06:15 PM.
03-14-2009, 05:55 AM   #2
Forum Member

AF 540 FGZ Flash

PM sent on the flash.
MStolt
03-17-2009, 05:40 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 48 (100%)
pm sent re flash
03-18-2009, 06:15 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Photos have been added

03-19-2009, 08:16 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I have to withdraw this item from sale, I apologize to everyone for the inconvenience