Feedback Score: 37 (100%)
[SOLD] TAMRON 17-50mm MINT Priced for Quick Sale

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
TAMRON 17-50mm MINT Priced for Quick Sale

Asking Price
$290 US or $360 CAD Firm

Item Description
Here's the complete history of this lens. I bought it as an "Unopend Box" from another forum memeber (Walay) on this marketplace. Upon receipt I found it to be sharp but slightly decentered. I decided to keep it rather than sending it back across the border to the U.S. I got an estimate of $80 from Tamron distrbutor in Canada, Amplis Foto, to have it fixed. Later they called me and told me they have to sent it to Japan, which I gladly agreed to. After two months I got it back and found it to be perfectly centered.

The lens is very sharp from the wide end to near the narrow end but gets slightly softer at the 50mm end, as test results on Photozone.com indicates.

I'm selling this lens because I am lightening up on my lens collection and also because recently I picked up a Sigma 17-70mm from Jocelyn and I find myself using it more for the reach. I also have a Tamron 28-75 and a DA 12-24. So there is too much overlap in my zooms.

Pictuers to come later. Sample pictures will be emailed upon request.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition
Used
Mint

Item Location
Ontario, Canada

Shipping Charge
$15

Shipping Services
Canada Post Expedited

Shipping Destinations
U.S, U.K, Canada, Australia

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order

Additional Details
This lens is in excellent condition. There no scratches on the body or on the glass. It has no centering or focusing issues. It does not back focus or front focus on my K20D body which has been recently serviced at Pentax Canada for focus adjustment.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

03-19-2009, 07:15 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 57 (100%)
Selling the best of the bunch? Well If I didn't own one I would grab it.
03-19-2009, 11:45 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 13 (100%)
excellent price for an excellent lens
03-20-2009, 03:23 AM   #4
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
how much would postage be to australia?

03-20-2009, 04:23 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 9 (100%)
I am interested in postage to australia too. If happyant is not after this, I will grab this copy. Thanks.
03-20-2009, 07:40 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 37 (100%)
Original Poster
The fellow from Newfoundland is first. The gent from Titusville is next in line. Payment not received yet. I'm hoping to get it to the post office today if I can get the payment. Otherwise it'd have to be shipped on Monday.