Item for Sale
Pentax KX and K1000

Asking Price
20USD for the K1000.

Item Description
1. KX
Canceled.

2. K1000
Bought this camera as claimed in excellent working condition from eBay. But the meter was dead when it reached me. I put in battery, the metering needle stays at the middle no matter how the light condition changes. Other than that, everything else seems working fine. Since it's a cheap camera, don't bother returning it to the seller (actually I bought the camera for the lens attached, don't really care too much about it anyway).

I didn't bother testing it w/ film 'cause I'm not really interested in a K1000 camera. So I'm selling it as is. You can either send it for repair or just use it as is (with the help of some other light meter, or just use the Sunny 16 Rule). The camera is very clean inside and out, there is no ding or dent anywhere on the body, only some light scratches here and there.

K1000 is one of the classic film cameras by Pentax, it's one of the highly recommended manual film cameras for beginners. You can find more detailed info about this camera here:
K1000

Here are some photos of the actual camera selling.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition
Used
Fair

Item Location
Singapore

Shipping Charge
20USD

Shipping Services
Registered Airmail

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Additional Details
Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by frank; 03-27-2009 at 11:20 AM.
03-26-2009, 10:20 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 58 (100%)
Take the bottom plate off the KX and start poking around with a screwdriver. If the film advance lever is stuck, give it a gentle push and you'll probably see what's sticking. It might be as simple as a lever or gear that's off track.
03-26-2009, 10:39 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 149 (100%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
Take the bottom plate off the KX and start poking around with a screwdriver. If the film advance lever is stuck, give it a gentle push and you'll probably see what's sticking. It might be as simple as a lever or gear that's off track.
Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try tonight
03-27-2009, 05:29 AM   #4
Banned

Feedback Score: 8 (79%)
QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try tonight
this is exactly the problem I envisioned. its common with spotmatics and takes only seconds to fix. im not sure how similar the KX is to the spotmatic regarding the mechanics but I imagine this will be of help.

Manual Focus Lenses :: View topic - Jammed Spotmatic?

03-27-2009, 10:43 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 149 (100%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
this is exactly the problem I envisioned. its common with spotmatics and takes only seconds to fix. im not sure how similar the KX is to the spotmatic regarding the mechanics but I imagine this will be of help.

Manual Focus Lenses :: View topic - Jammed Spotmatic?
Thanks for the link.

Tried a bit more, seems the problem has been solved Now the KX camera works! I'll cancel the sale of the KX camera sale for now, but the K1000 is still up for grab.

$20 for the K1000 plus shipping. Anyone? The camera still looks great, besides the dead meter, it's working great too.

Last edited by frank; 03-27-2009 at 11:18 AM.