Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-05-2009, 05:59 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 65 (100%)
[SOLD] RMC Tokina 300mm/5.6

For sale is a very nice RMC Tokina 300mm f5.6 tele lens.

Asking $75 + shipping. Paypal preferred (I will absorb the paypal fee).

Will include front (tokina push on)/rear caps.

Although not the fastest 300mm you can get, it delivers well straight from 5.6, and doesn't weigh a whole lot so you can definitely hand-hold it. The bokeh seems to be very good to me, very smooth without those annoying bright halos around OOF highlights. Glass is clean + clear. Focus is very smooth. Aperture control is M-type and will require stop down metering in manual mode, or Av mode wide open. The lens has a very usable pull-out metal hood that stays in place well.

Note #1: The aperture is a little bit slow open opening up, which of course doesn't really matter as far as I know. It closes a lot faster, but still may be very slightly slow when closing. I have used this lens at a variety of apertures and it has never affected (at least not that I noticed) my exposure on the K200D, so It appears to be getting closed all the way before the shutter opens. I believe that it is just a bit tight in there from being old and not used over the years. There is no oil or other contaminants on the apertures blades that would be causing this. If you purchase and it doesn't work for you, return it for a refund. I want people to enjoy what they buy from me, not regret it.

Note #2: The focus ring is controlled opposite of the pentax standard, so you need to be aware when you first start using it, or you will try to correct focus in the wrong direction.

This one has produced some nice photos for me, here is one of my favorites. I was surprised I was able to MF these small birds! It was either f/5.6 or f/8...I can't remember.

Send me a PM if you are interested!

Thanks!

-Jim

04-13-2009, 10:01 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 65 (100%)
Original Poster
Lens is now being sold on eBay. Thanks.