Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-07-2009, 11:02 AM   #1
Inactive Account




Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 429
Feedback Score: 20 (100%)
[SOLD] Pentax K 50mm f/1.2

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax K 50mm f/1.2

Asking Price
$299 USD

Item Description
Great shape, no dings on the body and the glass is immaculate. The rubber grip on the focus ring can sometimes slip a small amount though.

Fantastic lens, but you'll have to get used to focusing with such narrow depth of field.

Includes front and rear caps (not original), Sigma UV filter (6 months old) and a screw-in lens hood.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition
Used
Excellent

Item Location
Toronto, Canada

Shipping Charge
$15 USD

Shipping Services
Canada Post

Shipping Destinations
North America

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Additional Details
Shipping includes tracking and insurance.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

04-07-2009, 11:06 AM   #2
Senior Member
Naturephoto1P's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lighthouse Point, Florida
Posts: 144
Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
Mount

PK-A or PK-M mount?
04-07-2009, 11:16 AM   #3
Inactive Account




Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 429
Feedback Score: 20 (100%)
Original Poster
It's K mount (which I think is the same as M mount). I don't think Pentax ever made an "M" version of this lens - just K and A.

Cheers, Don
04-07-2009, 12:55 PM   #4
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,915
Feedback Score: 31 (100%)
jeez don, what are you gonna have left?

04-07-2009, 01:11 PM   #5
Inactive Account




Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 429
Feedback Score: 20 (100%)
Original Poster
Oh, I was SUCH an avid collector. What's left is about 4 adaptall lenses, 3 adapters (two of them PK/A), some manual lenses like a Vivitar 50mm 1.7, a Viv 2x TC, extentions tubes and the stuff I'll likely never part with: a DA 55-300, Tamron 28-75mm and a Sigma 70mm macro... Though I just picked up a Sigma 150mm macro for my N***n so we'll see how long the 70mm lasts :-)
04-07-2009, 01:27 PM   #6
Veteran Member
farfisa's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,274
Feedback Score: 63 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by dkittle Quote
Oh, I was SUCH an avid collector. What's left is about 4 adaptall lenses, 3 adapters (two of them PK/A), some manual lenses like a Vivitar 50mm 1.7, a Viv 2x TC, extentions tubes and the stuff I'll likely never part with: a DA 55-300, Tamron 28-75mm and a Sigma 70mm macro... Though I just picked up a Sigma 150mm macro for my N***n so we'll see how long the 70mm lasts :-)
That's still quite a collection, Don!
04-07-2009, 02:27 PM   #7
Pentaxian
8540tomg's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Posts: 4,455
Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
Could you post a few pictures of the lens Don? I may be interested.

Tom G
04-07-2009, 02:50 PM   #8
Inactive Account




Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 429
Feedback Score: 20 (100%)
Original Poster
Dan, yes, I can't bear to part with it all. Oh I still have your Sigma 30mm, a kit lens and a 80-320mm that my wife uses...

Tom, I'll post some pics when I get home tonight!

Cheers
Don

04-07-2009, 04:29 PM   #9
Veteran Member
rparmar's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,783
Feedback Score: 12 (100%)
Absolutely brilliant lens which has only one fault: it's not an "A". It keeps arguing with my FA43 for which is better. I have to keep them apart or it'd be paint chips everywhere!
04-07-2009, 05:04 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Posts: 20,601
Feedback Score: 131 (99%)
QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
Absolutely brilliant lens which has only one fault: it's not an "A". It keeps arguing with my FA43 for which is better. I have to keep them apart or it'd be paint chips everywhere!
Every time I see one of these in the Marketplace I wish I hadn't sold mine.






(but the three queens beckon . . . . ssshhhhh! don't wake the Princess)
04-08-2009, 08:10 AM   #11
Inactive Account




Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 429
Feedback Score: 20 (100%)
Original Poster
And some photos of this wonderful lens.

Click on the image to see a full-res version of it.

Note, in the family portrait (the shot of everything that's included), I forgot the Sigma UV filter - but it IS included and is in like-new condition.







04-09-2009, 09:27 AM   #12
Forum Member




Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 89
Feedback Score: 17 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by dkittle Quote
PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax K 50mm f/1.2

Asking Price
$299 USD

Item Description
Great shape, no dings on the body and the glass is immaculate. The rubber grip on the focus ring can sometimes slip a small amount though.

Fantastic lens, but you'll have to get used to focusing with such narrow depth of field.

Includes front and rear caps (not original), Sigma UV filter (6 months old) and a screw-in lens hood.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition
Used
Excellent

Item Location
Toronto, Canada

Shipping Charge
$15 USD

Shipping Services
Canada Post

Shipping Destinations
North America

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Additional Details
Shipping includes tracking and insurance.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!
Hi Don,

I've just bought my first Pentax kit yesterday (K20D, DA35, FA77). Prior to this I was shooting film on Canon manual focus bodies.

I just came across your offer here to sell your 1.2 lens... and I'm tempted. I live in Toronto, work in the financial core downtown and live near Yonge and Eglinton. So if I decided to purchase your lens and we agreed on it we might be able to arrange for a local pick-up, if you are somewhere near downtown.

Cheers,

Lubo

I have just registered to this forum and getting used to it. My login is lc_toronto
 

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
50mm, canada, f/1.2, item, lens, pentax, usd
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale - Sold: SMC Takumar 50mm 1.4 / Pentax-A 50mm 1.7 / Pentax-M 50mm 1.4 (US) JP_Seattle Sold Items 3 09-02-2010 06:17 PM
For Sale - Sold: Pentax *ist DL, FA 50mm f/1.4, DFA 100mm f/2.8 macro, DA 18-55mm, A 50mm f/2.0 chemxaj Sold Items 14 05-31-2010 09:34 AM
For Sale - Sold: Pentax Lenses F2 50mm, F4 75-150mm, F1.7 50mm, F4 200mm, F2.5 135mm, F4.5 80-2 hangu Sold Items 10 03-27-2010 07:51 PM
For Sale - Sold: Three Pentax SMC M-Series Lenses: 50mm/1.4, 50mm/1.7, 135mm/3.5! wallyb Sold Items 12 02-19-2010 01:24 PM
For Sale - Sold: Tamron-F 2x TC, Pentax M 50mm f/1.7, Pentacon 50mm f/1.8 (m42) hinman Sold Items 6 09-10-2008 10:20 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:00 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top